Benjie Offical Thread
Oct 22, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #572 of 2,126

Thank you!

What are the improvements? New features? Bug fixes?

I still haven't had the opportunity to really play around with it yet. I just know that all the buttons work the same and at startup I get AGPTEK logo. Was there a particular bug that you wanted to check? 

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #573 of 2,126
  I still haven't had the opportunity to really play around with it yet. I just know that all the buttons work the same and at startup I get AGPTEK logo. Was there a particular bug that you wanted to check? 

Thanks for your reply!

Not really a bug but while playing a music file and the screen is off, you need to turn on the screen first before you can pause the music using the main button. Wish we can just press the main button to pause rather than turning the screen on first then pause. Just a small thing though.

Does it now support playlists? 

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #574 of 2,126

Thanks for your reply!

Not really a bug but while playing a music file and the screen is off, you need to turn on the screen first before you can pause the music using the main button. Wish we can just press the main button to pause rather than turning the screen on first then pause. Just a small thing though.

Does it now support playlists? 

Still need turn on the screen. It is a minor annoyance and there is likely a reason, such as avoiding accidental pause if you use it while running?

I created a playlist from my card and it is fine. That's as far as I've gotten so far. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #577 of 2,126
  Can you add a microsd or is 8 gb all that you can store?

Where can you buy the earbuds separately?

Is aliexpress the official seller?

I've sent a message to the seller on Ali to check if the buds are available seperately. BTW I have ordered the buds from this shady site: www.mistertao.com. I hope that comes through well.

Man... those damn buds.... epic.

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #579 of 2,126
I'll be placing an order for the S5 next month, along with Senn HD600's. 

It's easy to justify the Benjie purchase: I like the Fiio X5 a lot, but obviously, it doesn't travel well as a portable player. Since I bring my computer along to cafe or library, I just use that instead. 

The seen's a little more difficult; $300 or close to it, when a distinct minority claim that koss headphones at $50 or under compare favorably or may be preferable. Nonetheless, head fi's rep is on the line, and it's a good test of the validity of their benchmarking. Is senn truly a benchmark for neutral headphones or not? I'll find out soon enough. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #581 of 2,126
Hello everybody!
Does anyone know is there any chance to combine built-in memory and SD-card memory together? For example, i have 1000 songs on my SD-card and 500 songs in local memory, I would like to see 1500 songs when i select "Music". i didn't find how to do it, i can only choose or internal memory or SD-card to play my music from.
Can someone help me?
Thank you!

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #583 of 2,126
  Is gearbest a reliable site? They have the lowest price on the benjie at $22. 

Bought lots of stuff from them. No issues.

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #584 of 2,126

Hey... just wait. Get the K9 from Ali instead.

The K9 may just be a better player... it's has a TFT.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Alloy-Sports-Speaker-MP3-Music-Player-Benjie-K9-with-8GB-1-8-Inch-Screen-60h/32699429596.html

I've never really been a TFT fan as it doesn't make the sound any better. Having said that, the K9 looks kick ass.

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #585 of 2,126
Does anyone have the K9? I'm on the hype train for the S5 earbuds. 

The K9 seems to be nice: metal body, nice screen. The S5 supposedly maxes out at 64GB extra storage and the K9 at 32 GB extra. Can anyone confirm these figures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back