Benelux Meeting Impressions, Feb 4th.
Feb 6, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #76 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new purchase in this thread! Did Heubie get something, too?

Thank you very much. Enjoying them this very moment. And no I think he wasn't sure enough to buy them but who knows..
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #77 of 198
Found in another thread, dated November 1st:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep! Is it so obviously hihi..
I am not really into headphones […]

"I'm not really into headphones"—Famous last words.
icon10.gif

[size=xx-small]Yes, slightly taken out of context. Sue me.
cool.gif
[/size]

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #79 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's easy enough for him to go back, now that he knows where they are!
tongue.gif

How long a drive is it to Brussels from where you are?
Oh, did you see my reply about the short cable on the other thread?

It was an approximately 1 and 1/2 hour drive so quite do-able.
Thanx for your info on the short cable. I will contact her as soon as possible
rs1smile.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #80 of 198
And Ton, your cd with the Binaural stuff was quite amazing listening to. Really sounded like it was coming from the same room I was in! When the guy whispers in your ear; that was freaky!! Like for real..

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #81 of 198
Quote:

And Ton, your cd with the Binaural stuff was quite amazing listening to. Really sounded like it was coming from the same room I was in! When the guy whispers in your ear; that was freaky!! Like for real..

Ah, yes, great find, Ton. But you mean the girl, right? I thought the English demo was better than the German/English one. When she suddenly whispered in my right ear it actually startled me.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #82 of 198
Quote:

Ah, yes, great find, Ton. But you mean the girl, right? I thought the English demo was better than the German/English one. When she suddenly whispered in my right ear it actually startled me.

I found the English one also nicer but I really meant the german guy. I could feel the pressure in my ear, so weird.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #83 of 198
Congrats on a great looking meet! It's nice to see that European Head-Fi was in full effect on 2/4/07 what with the Benelux and Crouch End meets proceeding simultaneously! I hope some of you will be making your way over here to California for the Int'l Meet in April. Contrastique thought that our registration thread was for this meet, so maybe now you want to go to another Head-Fi meet pretty soon? Maybe a little further to travel, but surely worth it!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #84 of 198
More pics for those who couldnt get enough. And sorry guys if I am to often on pictures. Blame my buddy on this one...
wink.gif

This is my buddy
k1000smile.gif

Rik/Digitalmind is trying really hard to like my music, sorry man
wink.gif

This one I love at most
very_evil_smiley.gif

How about that one

Digitalmind stuff, really nice
k1000smile.gif

KEES table, yeah...

JVC

Another room with a lots of goodies, STAX

BigJohn

KEES came along

Little chat, last hour

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #85 of 198
Quote:

I found the English one also nicer but I really meant the german guy. I could feel the pressure in my ear, so weird.

Quote:

The impressions you get are different for everyone. That's the biggest limitation of binaural. Recording binaural means you wear small mics in your ears while recording. When played back over headphones, it should sound exactly as if you were there. Sadly, this works only near to perfect when you recorded it with your OWN ears. If binaural recordings made by others work for you is therefore very personal. That's why I recorded a few different ones on the CD.

Talking of the CD: by dropping the binaural item from our meeting I also didn't have the opportunity to explain why I recorded what I recorded.
The first recordings are tracks that I like myself (but I like a lot of different kinds of music) and use as reference. Some tracks have great dynamics, others have great low bass or (should have) silky highs. Also some show 'intimacy' or wide soundstage. Even if you don't like the music, I urge you to listen to them completely, because they are very reveiling.
The track of the live drumkit might for some be a revalation in dynamics, because there are hardly any recordings that have uncompressed drumtracks. If you never heard a kit unamped, THIS is what a drumkit sounds like. Of course it is also a nice test for your cans.
The last tracks on the CD are tracks I recorded myself during a live concert of the James Last Orchestra in Brabanthallen in Den Bosch, nov 2006. Of course, the music cannot be very binaurally reveiling, because
you're listening to a PA (stage speakers). The audience around me might however do for you what it does for me: when closing my eyes it really is as if I'm sitting in that hall again...

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #86 of 198
Quote:

Ton, I just realized I never got to hear your amp/equalizer combo. That's a shame.
frown.gif

No, that ain't a shame, a pity maybe. I never came to listen to your IEM which seems more like a shame. You don't get the opportunity to listen to IEM's and compare them to fullgrown cans everyday.

Feb 7, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #87 of 198
I am starting to get really annoyed watching all those great pictures. Why O WHY couldn't I make it. I would've loved going there since there were a lot headphones I've never listened to.

Such a shame...
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #88 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am starting to get really annoyed watching all those great pictures. Why O WHY couldn't I make it. I would've loved going there since there were a lot headphones I've never listened to.

Such a shame...
frown.gif

Yup. Can't find any words to comfort you …
blink.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #89 of 198
Charles,
I am enjoying your amp so much! The 750 would have been worthless straight out of an ipod.

Feb 7, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #90 of 198
Quote:

Charles,
I am enjoying your amp so much! The 750 would have been worthless straight out of an ipod.

You should've seen that sheepish grin on your face when you listened to the amp with the 750's after the DT770. It's like you came home and found your sound. Who am I to take that away from you?
tongue.gif

I'm glad the Go-Vibe found a home where it is appreciated. It was clear you could hear the difference. Also, I was surprised you started talking about disappearing noise levels, clarity of sound, improved bass response. I couldn't have wished for more. You deserve the amp.

Just don't come crying to me when your wallet is hurting from upgraditis. If you do, I will mercifully throw your own words in your face
very_evil_smiley.gif
:

Quote:

Yep! Is it so obviously hihi..
I am not really into headphones […]

By the way, was using Ultrasone Blue for your eyeshadow a coincidence?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back