Benchmark DAC1 now available with USB
Apr 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #2,911 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by masterchoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also when I try to download, it open within quicktime plugin in the safari web browser. Is there any way to download it as file?

I'll post the links here in a moment.

EDIT: I'm not doing the upload right, and our IT person isn't in the office, so this will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry!

Best,
Elias

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #2,913 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5aces /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for putting this material up.

Came Out Of A Lady-what a fun song!

I'm in love with the lady vocalist,uh oh.

Keep up the Hi-Rez work.

Thanks 5aces!

We already shot two more episodes. Make sure you sign-up on the website to be notified when the new episodes are posted.

Best,
Elias

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2,916 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mr gwinn, is it ok to very often operate the input selector switch? or will it fail much quicker if used often?

thank you
music_man

Music_man,

That is a heavy duty switch that should not fail even with significant usage.

In other words, it should be fine.

Best,
Elias

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #2,918 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by EliasGwinn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, I know...
redface.gif
...I've got to test J. River. I have it high on the 'to-do' list.

Speaking of testing 3rd party products, I just tested this USB extender:

Amazon.com: USB Extender, RJ45 Cable Extends To 150ft: Electronics

At lengths up to 175 feet, it works great with the DAC1 USB and/or DAC1 PRE.

I didn't measure jitter since jitter doesn't effect the DAC1. I'm guessing its pretty severe at such lengths.

Thanks,
Elias

Elias,

If I connect my main Desktop PC to this USB Extender you mention above, through 30 meters of CAT6 Ethernet Cable to my DAC1 Pre which is in the other room.

Would this USB Extender through 30 meters of CAT6 Ethernet Cable give me the exact same data and audio quality in my DAC1 Pre, as it would by connecting a Laptop directly by a 1 meter USB Cable to the DAC1 Pre through the Laptops USB Port.

Thanks Elias.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #2,919 of 3,058
Yes, this adaptor is passive and does not change the data whatsoever. I can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly since we don't manufacture it and therefore can't claim its quality. But, if you try it and you aren't getting any audible drop-outs, then it is working as good as it needs to be to not affect the audio quality.

All the best,
Elias

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #2,921 of 3,058
Quote:

Originally Posted by EliasGwinn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, this adaptor is passive and does not change the data whatsoever. I can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly since we don't manufacture it and therefore can't claim its quality. But, if you try it and you aren't getting any audible drop-outs, then it is working as good as it needs to be to not affect the audio quality.

All the best,
Elias

this is the bottom line on any digital cable and should be written in gospel imo. said by someone who designs the equipment that accepts the cables!

thank you again mr gwinn!
music_man

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2,922 of 3,058
On the Benchmark video...very cool! There's something about the "simplicity" of a group of musicians playing together in the same room for the majority of the recording. You just know it when you hear it and this video shows that.

I signed up for the future installments. Looking forward to them!

Bill

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #2,923 of 3,058
On the Benchmark video...very cool! There's something about the "simplicity" of a group of musicians playing together in the same room for the majority of the recording. You just know it when you hear it and this video shows that.

I signed up for the future installments. Looking forward to them!

Bill

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2,925 of 3,058
my older dac1 is accepting 192khz input and working on the toslink. does that mean it is the revision that accpets 192khz? probably a dumb question.

edit: it sounds a lot better when i let the dac1 do the upsampling. instead of the $25 soundcard. i'd still like to know the answer to the above question though please. i guess i can't be sure what revision it is unless i open it?

thank you,
music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back