Belkin Power Conditioner. Any good?
Jul 21, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 9
Looks fine to me, but I wouldnt use anything with it thats worth too much more than itself...

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 9
I personally use their PF60 and I like it for my home theater, I'll probably pick up one of their battery ones for my audio setup in the future.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 9
I have written about these are they are great values. I just bought another one from Buy.com with free shipping and the 7% July discount. $80 shipped.

It looks like the PF30 is being discontinued and the replacement is much more money.

If you want to judge what a power filter does, one of the easiest ways is to plug your TV into one, and than compare the picture by plugging the TV into the wall socket.

The fit, finish and features are great and I prefer them to the (also good) Monster power filters that are also available on closeout. Paul G. from Bizzy Bee regards the Belkins highly.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkScorpion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks fine to me, but I wouldnt use anything with it thats worth too much more than itself...

How come? They are great from what I've heard. Their power jack splitters have a warranty between $10.000 and $200.000 (or something like that depending on which one you buy). So, if your gear gets fried by lightning when using their gear, they will replace it.

If they can't keep what they promise, they would have gone bankrupt long ago.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I have the PF60 and love it in my rig. I can't imagine the PF30 being a bad thing to own for its asking price.

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How come? They are great from what I've heard. Their power jack splitters have a warranty between $10.000 and $200.000 (or something like that depending on which one you buy). So, if your gear gets fried by lightning when using their gear, they will replace it.

If they can't keep what they promise, they would have gone bankrupt long ago.

Have you ever tried to get some of these companies to make good on their promises? Lightning hits,you get a power surge, lose all your stereo stuff...then you call the company that makes youre surge protector with its $50,000 gaurentee and they give you a hard time, and wont even give you only $2000 for your lost equipment,which is nowhere near the $50,000 they promised they would cover up to.
Also MOVs are MOVs......if you have to count protection quantity in JOULES,then its the same crap. I like the Power Blocker2 Technology concept that New Point is using.....that seems interesting. No Joules to count. Its unlimited. When theres a surge,,the breaker pops and you can reset it,rather than throwing out your $9.99-$2500us unit. I have a New Point Surge Protector with filters on this PC,as well as an APC Battery Backup with Surge Protection also.
I also wonder about those protection devices with nothing in the way of the AC...i think Shunyata has those,and a few other companies. How can it protect with nothing in the AC path?
Anyway....my 2 cents US
wink.gif

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...t_adv_XSMG1060

http://www.nextgenelectronics.com/powerblocker2.php

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever tried to get some of these companies to make good on their promises? Lightning hits,you get a power surge, lose all your stereo stuff...then you call the company that makes youre surge protector with its $50,000 gaurentee and they give you a hard time, and wont even give you only $2000 for your lost equipment,which is nowhere near the $50,000 they promised they would cover up to.
Also MOVs are MOVs......if you have to count protection quantity in JOULES,then its the same crap. I like the Power Blocker2 Technology concept that New Point is using.....that seems interesting. No Joules to count. Its unlimited. When theres a surge,,the breaker pops and you can reset it,rather than throwing out your $9.99-$2500us unit. I have a New Point Surge Protector with filters on this PC,as well as an APC Battery Backup with Surge Protection also.
I also wonder about those protection devices with nothing in the way of the AC...i think Shunyata has those,and a few other companies. How can it protect with nothing in the AC path?
Anyway....my 2 cents US
wink.gif

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...t_adv_XSMG1060

http://www.nextgenelectronics.com/powerblocker2.php

I'd like to put some emphasis on the "...from what I've heard..." part in my post.

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #9 of 9
On the fatwallet discussion forums there have been reports of belkin being extremely easy to deal with when equipment does fail. Just what I've read though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back