Believable excuses to get off work
Mar 31, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #17 of 50
Minor operation that she has recently been advised requires immediate attention. Then go to doctor and get a certificate for migrane to cover work absence. The following week, things didn't go so well with the op, need to go back to hospital to get it checked out... and another dr.s certificate for a day off because the migrane returned...

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #18 of 50
food poisoning, and bring the dish that caused it.
Or, your kid is sick. no one questions that one.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 50
She's got to see her gynaecologist. And next week a follow-up exam. That will shut him up
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To everyone asking why she can't be honest to her boss, it's because her boss is really anal about getting to work early and staying late.. He always is lecturing people about how he makes it to work no matter what, ever.. She can't take a personal day or whatever because she doesn't have any yet, so she is getting no pay for the off day anyway. He's always trying to guilt trip his employees about appointments and stuff, and it's just really annoying.

I didn't figure that anyone would have a brilliant idea for an excuse anyway, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

So the truth won't work. Just have her say she has an oppointment with her OBGYN. You might want to have a set of gross, needlessly personal details ready to start mentioning if he gets nosy.

In the long run: she should get a job where she doesn't have to work for jerks. Bad employers *should have trouble getting people to stick around. They deserve it.

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your girlfriend, you say? Have her pull the "female problems" excuse, never fails! And with a male employer, no further questions will be asked.
tongue.gif

that was a good excuse for getting out of class or taking longer breaks that my friends used lol.

the best one to use is a funeral. you kind of feel like you're going to hell, but if you can have a clear conscience about it its your best bet. just say, "i won't be able to make it to work these days next week, I have to attend a funeral up in <insert semi far away city. far enough for a 2 day trip, but close enough because if you have work the day before the 2 days, it wont be believable that you made it there in that short of time > for my cousins funeral. I should be able to make it back in time for <the 3rd day> if i leave right after the service. so i will see you in 2 days.

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #24 of 50
Have her call half an hour before she starts and have her tell her boss she will be unavailable today cause of family problems. when the boss says anything in reply then have her go off about how she has to bail out her boyfriend cause he got busted trying to pick up a hooker in a few towns over. works every time!

next day she needs off tell her to call an hour after her time is to start, tell her to say she just left the hosp after getting her stomach pumped last night and she won't be able to work. when the boss replies then have her say her boyfriend gave her some bad crack the night before....

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #25 of 50
LOL bhd, I do think Steggy's is a pretty good one though.

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #26 of 50
You can go with the right way, or the wrong way.

Right way: Stomach flu, food poisoning, or allergic reaction to seafood. None of these need the care of a doctor, so it's assumed that no doctors note will be provided, and will be ok.

wrong way: Deaths in the family, doctor appointment, women problems. These are all traceable, and will come back and bite her in the ass.

You need something untracable, that will only need one day, and doesn't have any after-effects (like a cold, you can usually tell when the symptoms are showing up, unless you do it immediatly following a weekend)

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #27 of 50
lol in one of my classes, my teacher wants documentation for all absences, thus if you were absent because of a funeral, you need to bring a pamphlet or something advertising the funeral, and then he would call the place to make sure you were actually there. a student brought a documentation for his car being broken and had to be towed away (he forgot a test), and the teacher actually called the place to check and found out it was a fake. yep the guy failed that course.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To everyone asking why she can't be honest to her boss, it's because her boss is really anal about getting to work early and staying late.. He always is lecturing people about how he makes it to work no matter what, ever.. She can't take a personal day or whatever because she doesn't have any yet, so she is getting no pay for the off day anyway. He's always trying to guilt trip his employees about appointments and stuff, and it's just really annoying.

I didn't figure that anyone would have a brilliant idea for an excuse anyway, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just tell him that she's throwing up on a regular basis and that means she is in no fit condition to come to work . (Unless of course, that oh-so admirable work ethic of his , means he's the type of boss who actively enjoys cleaning up a bit of work-place vomit).
wink.gif
...No more detail is needed (medical or otherwise) , She ISN'T being paid for this time off (or to be guilt tripped by anyone).

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sick. funeral. medical procedure. broke down car. flood in apt, etc.

unless they are going to check or she has a history of unexplained absences, why should it matter.

x2 ..... Leaning towards the "sick" approach. The secret is ,is that when she calls in she needs to sound sick. Use terms like " Im really sorry for this but Im really not well enough to make it in".

This is flu season afterall. Make it appear that she gave it the old college try, and that she really wants to be there but due to this terrible case of the flu she just cant do it. Use the " I really love my job and wouldnt want to miss any time off, sorry for letting you guys down,cant wait to get back, I really tried" approach.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back