Believable excuses to get off work
Mar 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol in one of my classes, my teacher wants documentation for all absences, thus if you were absent because of a funeral, you need to bring a pamphlet or something advertising the funeral, and then he would call the place to make sure you were actually there.

I can cover for funeral excuses. You'll just need an excuse to be at a funeral in upstate New York.

I like the trusty standbys:

*explosive diarrhea
*infected piercing "down there"
*kitty has a nosebleed
*dog bit a skunk, will be tomato saucing all weekend

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or maybe she should just quit this job and find another one, because this manager sounds like a tool.

LOL ....that too
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol in one of my classes, my teacher wants documentation for all absences

I used to work for low-grade mongoloid idiots who insisted on a doctor's note for sick days.

A friend of mine mentioned this to his doctor, and his doctor gave him a whole pad of notes that said "Jason was ill today and could not work." with his signature, and told him to just fill in the date as needed.

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #38 of 50
Well,

My Director for my choral group (all volunteer) just rescheuduled our saturday rehearsal this friday afternoon. She asked if anyone cannot go to send her an email. If she asks the reason (passover is at the same time for others) I will just have to tell her it is a meeting that has been planned for months with electronic and technology experts which I am an integral part of. * This is a Head-fi Meet * Then again, she said that I would have no loss from missing it since I have had no problems in the past. Score!

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can cover for funeral excuses. You'll just need an excuse to be at a funeral in upstate New York.

I like the trusty standbys:

*explosive diarrhea

Sophomoric but works. You're going to want to add details, which will lend to the credibility of the yarn. Just "Diarrhea" is way to common an excuse to be given convincingly. You need to dress it up. Put a pill box hat and a chanel suit on that diarrhea:

Tell your employer you just got off the can and you made some inhuman animal mess in there and that it sounded like someone filling up a metal bucket with a pressure washer inside of a small tin shed. The more details you offer the less likely it is you'll be questioned further.

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #40 of 50
I guess the place I work at is pretty cool in that you can just leave or not show up to work without too much bureaucratic nonsense. Just send an email out to the team saying you're out and for how long.

Apr 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To everyone asking why she can't be honest to her boss, it's because her boss is really anal about getting to work early and staying late.. He always is lecturing people about how he makes it to work no matter what, ever.. She can't take a personal day or whatever because she doesn't have any yet, so she is getting no pay for the off day anyway. He's always trying to guilt trip his employees about appointments and stuff, and it's just really annoying.

I didn't figure that anyone would have a brilliant idea for an excuse anyway, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe a couple people mentioned this already, but I will also for emphasis: she needs to find another job (and I don't mean to sound flippant). The type of employers you mentioned are generally not worth the trouble it takes to work for them. It is much more important to work smartly than to work long hours, and I'd always rather hire someone who knows how to use time efficiently over the person who long hours and is more interested in the appearance of doing work. I've seen far too many people waste far too much time working long hours to do what could've been done in half the time.

I feel fortunate in that I work in an industry that values results more than appearances.

Finally, as I reread your post above, I see that she's not getting paid for the time off anyway. In that case, I would simply mention that she needs to take days x-y off, and will return on day z. No excuse at all, just a statement of fact.

I do hope she can find a smarter, more tolerant boss in the future. Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #42 of 50
the bigger the lie the easier it is to sell, so something with galactic warfare and doomsday devices will be most appropriate.

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #43 of 50
Easy. Just tell her to call the boss in the morning and say: "My boyfriend got a fryingpan handle stuck up his arse. Need to take him to hospital ASAP".

For next week's excuse, replace fryingpan handle with HD580.

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or maybe she should just quit this job and find another one, because this manager sounds like a tool.

That's what I was thinking.. If anyone needs to hire a chemical engineer in Chicago, let me know.
wink.gif

Anyway she took the days off with not too much difficulty this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back