Being a student audiophile...
Feb 27, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #49 of 212

Quote:
You know how I deal with it?

...then I buy a X-Fi Titanium HD sound card 

PLEASE don't do this.  The FiiO E7 sounds WORLDS better than my X-Fi Titanium for music.  The difference is bigger than night and day.  It is absolutely awful.  It is a great sound card for gaming though!

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #50 of 212

Quote:

PLEASE don't do this.  The FiiO E7 sounds WORLDS better than my X-Fi Titanium for music.  The difference is bigger than night and day.  It is absolutely awful.  It is a great sound card for gaming though!

Your absolutely wrong. There is no night and day difference.. The Audio quality is same/better on the Titanium HD then on the FiiO E7... Also keep in mind the replaceable op-amps.
You probably say FiiO because there is no real interface with the case and mobo on your computer where as a soundcard does have interface. But It is so minimal that it never interferes and there is nothing noticeable about it...

I also need the sound card to make music in FL studio and Cubase...
So, Titanium HD over FiiO E7

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #51 of 212

Quote:
Your absolutely wrong. There is no night and day difference.. The Audio quality is same/better on the Titanium HD then on the FiiO E7... Also keep in mind the replaceable op-amps.
You probably say FiiO because there is no real interface with the case and mobo on your computer where as a soundcard does have interface. But It is so minimal that it never interferes and there is nothing noticeable about it...

I also need the sound card to make music in FL studio and Cubase...
So, Titanium HD over FiiO E7

You've got me wondering if I have some settings that are screwing it up.  Hmm...  I'll have to mess with it later today after I get some sleep. 
confused_face.gif

I've been wrong before!  I suppose I'll report back after I try some things.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #52 of 212

Quote:

As a student, I have this problem. I want to try new headphones. I can't go to meets because I can't drive. I can't just go off buying new headphones because they're expensive. So I read reviews. The headphones other people use seem like they make some HEAVENLY sound!! Now I want new headphones even more but realize I can't buy them -_-.....

Are there any other people like me at Head-Fi?? What do you do to get out of this vicious cycle??? 

oh great to see that there's someone like me on this site:wink: 
I feel like I have found an oasis in the desert. 
I don't think we can really get out of this vicious cycle.
every day when I wake up I think about headphones, and every night when I go to bed. 
so I hope. 
hope that one day a r10 (or c32) will fall from the sky directly in my arms. 
I try to do some savings but it's hard when you have 50 bucks a month. 
there's even no shop near me where I can go. 
but anyway it's great to see some teenagers that, like me, cares about the sound quality.
by the way , i'm 14 

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #54 of 212
what grados have you get?

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #59 of 212
 I buy cans then mod the hell out of them, got some hd555s for 5$ (no joke) off clist becuz the wiring over the top had been cut, thus they had sound in only one ear. I had access to soldering equipment (EE major) so i just soldered them back together, did the foam mod, joined headfi, mass damped them using plasticine (inside the cup, not touching the drivers) so that the bass freqs would not make them jitter. 

now I just bought the infamous fostex t50rps (75$) and liberally applied felt and plasticine to them, sounds great, but very difficult to drive (orthodynamics need power, lots of it), just ordered a udac-2, we will see whether it is able to drive them or not, if not, I'll just use a cmoy to amp it. 

fostexs are the best for the money imo, and are moddable like none other, if u disagree, take a look at the thunderpants thread. team ortho live long and prosper! be wary of our arch enemies, the electrostats, they deceive with their LIES 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back