Beck - Sea Change MFSL
Dec 31, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #16 of 59
For some reason, that seems to be the case on a lot of HDCDs. Even hybrid SACDs can have the same mysteriously secretive branding. When I had picked up "Future Days" by Can, I thought I was just getting a redbook recording. When I got it home, I noticed the little SACD/DSD logo on the rear bottom corner. Nice surprise, but given the struggles hi-rez media has had in proliferating, you'd think they'd make more of an effort to showcase it's SACD layer.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 59
Looks like its investment time again
wink.gif

I love limiteds. A mortal lock investment.

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 59
I don't think my post warrants its own thread, but here is the list of MFSL releases for 2008:

Beck -Sea Change
Derek and the Dominoes -Live at Filmore
Roy Orbison -All time greatest hits (Steve did this one before)
Marvin Gaye -What's going On
Marvin Gaye -Let's Get it On
Chuck Berry - St. Louis to Liverpool
Rickie Lee Jones - Flying Cowboys
Rush -2112
Rush -Moving Pictures
Rush -Signals (Coming 2009)
Little Feat -Salin' Shoes
Little Feat -Dixie Chicken
Little Feat -Waiting for Columbus

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #24 of 59
I had given up on this, 18 months ago I started this thread !!!!! Seems to be shipping now on musicdirect. May have to wait a few weeks before I pick it up, but I will be awaiting the reviews.

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #26 of 59
As much as I so do not need this right now (my wallet is hurting, and I always thought the album sounded great)... I probably will end up getting it.

Perhaps I will make it my last music purchase for the summer - that should ease the buyer's remorse.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so MFSL are considered good at re-mastering albums?

This is the first I've ever heard of them.

Then I seriously suggest you start looking into there library !!!!!!!!!

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #30 of 59
So MFSL is remastering any album (master) they can get their hands on. Sea Change doesn't need a remaster IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back