Beautiful female vocals (recommendations)
May 4, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #121 of 171
May 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #122 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was completely out of the blue, but I heard this song when I was having lunch in a restaurant in the bay area, and happened to music-ID it with Shazam on my smartphone...apparently it was quite well-known years ago, "The Rose".

YouTube - The Rose - Leann Rimes

YouTube - The Rose - Bette Midler

I have another version of "The Rose", sung by Cecilia. I don't recall seeing her mentioned in this thread so I figured I'd take this opportunity. "The Rose"(film) was from 1979.

May 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #123 of 171
Not to mention the back street boys or westlife version
wink.gif

Don´t know if this is the place but got Sarah Brightmans Symphony live album. I find her voice being totally weird particularly on Pie Jesu?

May 8, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #124 of 171
I don't know if it was already mentioned:

Ceu "Ceu" (debut album)

Beautiful voice of brasilian vocalist:)

something to listen here:
http://www.ceumusic.com/

May 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #125 of 171
Leslie Feist, Jenny Lewis (solo and with Rilo Kiley) and Victoria Legrand with Beach House. These three together is all I ever need. Throw in some Goldfrapp, Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos and well, you get the point..

But MAJOR shout out to Victoria Legrand! Fantastic voice!

EDIT: Oh my.. I can't believe I forgot Charlotte Gainsbourg! Wow.. Another FANTASTIC artist!

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #128 of 171

Quote:
cat power <3 and she's nice to look at....

I'll second both these statements.
Check out her album 'The Greatest'

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #129 of 171
I haven't read through the whole thread, but Eva Cassidy is definitely one of the best! Sadly she passed away at a very young age. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back