Beautiful female vocals (recommendations)
Feb 4, 2010 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 171

The-No2

Head-Fier
So i've been listening to norah jones, sarah blasko, regina spektor and im looking for some other beautiful singers. Any recommendations?

Cheers
k701smile.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 171
Is it "beautiful female" vocals? or beautiful "female vocals" :p

Sarah Mclachlan, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Enya, Diana Krall, Tina Dico, and anything by Portishead and Garbage just to name a few that come to my mind. Well the last two wont exactly qualify as beautiful I guess, but they ooze personality and style, and are quite talented IMO.

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sade fits both, and looking forward to her new album to be released this February.

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sarah Mclachlan, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Enya, Diana Krall, Tina Dico, and anything by Portishead and Garbage just to name a few that come to my mind. Well the last two wont exactly qualify as beautiful I guess, but they ooze personality and style, and are quite talented IMO.

Totally agree with Portishead, ooze is the pefect word to discribe how they convey their music
smily_headphones1.gif
Thnx all!
k701smile.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 171
Here's a few:

Aretha Franklin
Astrud Gilberto
Diana Ross
Dionne Warwick
Dusty Springfield
Ella Fitzgerald
Jennifer Warnes
Linda Ronstadt
Minnie Riperton
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Melissa Manchester
Rickie Lee Jones
Swing Out Sister
Yvonne Elliman

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 171
I personally find Bjork's voice more beautiful than any other, but many do not. She has a love/hate thing going on. There is something just so comforting and refreshing about her voice to me.

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #12 of 171
Anneke van Giersbergen (ex-The Gathering). Mandatory. Her best performances can be found on these The Gathering albums:

Nighttime Birds
How To Measure A Planet?
if_then_else
Souvenirs
Sleepy Buildings: A Semi-Acoustic Evening

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally find Bjork's voice more beautiful than any other, but many do not. She has a love/hate thing going on. There is something just so comforting and refreshing about her voice to me.

X2 on Bjork

Users who are viewing this thread

Back