Beats vs Sennheiser HD 558
Jun 13, 2012 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MrMacca1999

New Head-Fier
I have been given a pair of Beats Studios by my brother. I have had my heart set on the Sennheiser HD 558 for months now. I want to know how do they stack up against each other. I do not want to sell the Beats as they were a gift. Cheers, Arthur.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 4
well, you could use the beats studios on the go as they we're ment for street use and portability (they fold nicely) and they look pretty styled too, but when its time to listen to true music, you should strictly use the sennheiser's over the beats. they sound a lot better, tried them at the shop, gonna buy them in a few weeks time^^

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 4
hmm well since you have the studio's now how much do you still want or need the hd558? since the isolation of the studios would be a bit better in a performance, they look better too during a performance. the sennheiser does leak sound a little more, the sound signature of the sennheiser is more balanced, the bass is lighter but has decent extention, more of the type where it accompanies up the song and not becoming the main attention of the song instead like what the beats does. detail and soundstage wise the HD558 smashes the beats, it will replicate the drums and the music much more accurately with a lot more crispness and detail than the beats. 

i suggest you buy them, since you had eyes in it for a long time already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back