Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or less.
Dec 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #17 of 22
Im looking at the ATH-900x Closed, what do you guys think about them? im really liking the price tag and the fact that i don't need to buy an Amp for it. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #19 of 22
  I'm looking at the ATH-900X Closed, what do you guys think about them? I'm really liking the price tag and the fact that I don't need to buy an Amp for it. 

I really like the A900X for music, the sound bleeds a little bit, but the music still sounds good.
And they do work plugged into anything.
Might consider getting Hifiman Velour ear pads for them, usually their $10 plus shipping.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 22
Seeing heavy metal and electronic automatically made me think of the Beyerdynamic DT770 which comes in a 32 ohms model which should be able to be decent from your sources. I've had the DT770 and loved it for electronic and Rock/Metal. Closed headphone that is definitely better than a regular beats model. The KEF model mentioned earlier seems to be a winner with most people. It'd be great if you found out if there was a place/meet up to demo at.

The only problem with the Mad Dog is that they 100% need an amp being planar, are heavy and frankly would get you odd looks out and about. The A900X is a great closed headphone that can be used portable as well but once again looks strange out and about due to the headband array.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #21 of 22
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7520-MDR-7520-Headphones/dp/B004Z58VZ2

check this out...:p

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #22 of 22
Thank you all, you've been of great help, i have decided to go for the A900X cause i decided that i need to save money for other things. and throughout this search on the forum i found some lovely gems, I have decided that down the road i would love to get myself a pair of Mr Speaker Alpha dog, that or the equivalent Sennheiser im not sure what that would be, HD600 or 700 though the latter might be too high on the price tag for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back