Beats Tour Review
Oct 11, 2010 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sennheiserrocks

New Head-Fier
I just purchased some Beats Tours, and they're actually pretty decent.  Boomy bass, but pretty clear mids and highs.  Really snazzy design, and the cables really don't tangle.  However, the only thing that annoys me is that my ears are so small that even with the smallest tips, they still fall out all the time.  

I guess I'll just have to stick with my ugly Sennheiser MX560...anyone know of any good-looking non-IEMs around 30 dollars that sound as good as the MX560?

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 4
I've found that using the smallest foam tip in Monster's Supertip package allows for deep and steady insertion with the Tours.  I also suspect that I have small ear canals since I was only able to use the smallest two sizes out of the four sized Supertip pack.  With this deep of insertion it narrows the soundstage considerably(-) but cuts back on the IEMs boomy nature which helps the mids out considerably.  Still not worth the money being asked, but I think people around here would really like this IEM if it was in the $75 range.  They still don't hold a candle to my IE8 but they are certainly worth keeping now that I have figured out a proper fit which was very difficult.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I had the same problem with the tips not fitting. Heres what i did and it really helped. I went to ace hardware and got some of those earplugs that you squeeze down, put them in your ear and then they expand. so i cut it in half, and then bought a small hole puncher and punched a small hole in the middle. Theyre the only tips that have ever been able to stay in my ears. Hope this helps

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I just purchased some Beats Tours, and they're actually pretty decent.  Boomy bass, but pretty clear mids and highs.  Really snazzy design, and the cables really don't tangle.  However, the only thing that annoys me is that my ears are so small that even with the smallest tips, they still fall out all the time.  

I guess I'll just have to stick with my ugly Sennheiser MX560...anyone know of any good-looking non-IEMs around 30 dollars that sound as good as the MX560?

I agree.  And I think they're outstanding for watching movies.  I haven't had any issues with falling out, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back