Beats Studio3
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #136 of 904
I’ll reserve my judgement until I get to hear them with my own two ears, which I certainly want to do!

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #137 of 904
Wow, the early-reviews are really glowing! I do tend to take early-reviews with a huge grain of salt, but it looks really promising. I don't regret pre-ordering the blue ones and emphasis on mid's? That's right up my ally as I prefer vocal presence and staging, but this is the polar opposite of the bassy and muddy sound Beats is known for. I'm interested in seeing how "bass-heads" react to this move?

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #138 of 904
Wow, the early-reviews are really glowing! I do tend to take early-reviews with a huge grain of salt, but it looks really promising. I don't regret pre-ordering the blue ones and emphasis on mid's? That's right up my ally as I prefer vocal presence and staging, but this is the polar opposite of the bassy and muddy sound Beats is known for. I'm interested in seeing how "bass-heads" react to this move?

Honestly I think once consumers hear what clean, defined bass sounds like they won't care as much since there's still a relatively mild emphasis on bass.

Once RTings and InnerFidelity get their hands on the new model we'll have a much better idea of exactly how good they are.

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #139 of 904

Actually, since you mentioned it, it sounds like Beats is aiming for the audiophile crowd with the Studio in addition to the consumers who will buy based on brand name. It's certainly not a basshead headphone anymore, but rather a fun audiophile-tuned can surprisingly tuned for detailed mids.

This may turn out to be the finest portable over-ear can, and it's wireless. I will do a direct comparison to my Momentum 2.0 when I receive them.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #141 of 904
New Review up from a YouTube gadget guy channel:

Comparison to QC35:

It appears this reviewer prefers the comfort and sound of the QC35 while having a very high opinion of the Studio3.

Did a batch of red Studio3's fall off of a truck? That's the third YouTuber reviewing a red Studio3 early.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #142 of 904
Very interested to read how these will compare to the Studio 2.0. I feel like those were much lighter on the bass than the 1.0 and a perfect middle ground for me when I'm in the mood for some bass. Hopefully these don't turn it down too much more.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #143 of 904
I will try them out once they are available. I fly alot so a ANC headphone could be cool if they get the sound right. The QC35 and 1000X just have too many issues so I have kept using my IEM’s so far (works pretty good in the plane also).

Will be interesting to see if the new Beats headphones can deliver.

I never really liked the comfort of any Beats headphone, so I hope they fixed that.

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #145 of 904
It appears this reviewer prefers the comfort and sound of the QC35 while having a very high opinion of the Studio3.

Hmm.. I have a hard time understanding how so many people seem to enjoy the sound on the Bose QC35. Sure, they feature stable bluetooth connection, they don't look all that bad, they are comfortable, the ANC is great and it has the best multi-device/multi-point bluetooth of all wireless headphones at this date, only rivalled by the Apple W1-equipped devices when used with Apple devices.

But the audio? The sound signature is just awkward if you ask me. Vocals just sound off, the EQ is doing something really funky that doesn't sound all that great if you ask me. The overall audio isn't bad if we ignore vocals and spoken words, but the signature just feels odd and with songs that emphasis on vocals or listening to podcasts or audiobooks just sound wrong on these. Yet people keeps boasting about how great they sound. I can't really understand it.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #146 of 904
But the audio? The sound signature is just awkward if you ask me. Vocals just sound off, the EQ is doing something really funky that doesn't sound all that great if you ask me. The overall audio isn't bad if we ignore vocals and spoken words, but the signature just feels odd and with songs that emphasis on vocals or listening to podcasts or audiobooks just sound wrong on these. Yet people keeps boasting about how great they sound. I can't really understand it.

I call them telephone vocals. Bose is only a minor offender imo. Some honkyness somewhere between 1khz and 4khz. I think Sennheiser has this the worst. Momentum Wireless and that 4.50BTNC thing. Horrible.

I think the QC35 has this character of being warm in the bass, sort of too rounded, yet not flabby, and then mid-treble it gets artificial rough sounding. Overall resolution isn't very high and feels like they tried to sugar coat the roughsound with some sort of electronic smoothing.

I don't know how to explain it, it is not dark sounding but at the same has no sparkle and poor instrument separation.

When you consider the 349 price point, and it is all plastic....

I got rid of it. spent just a little more and got the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless, real leather, metals, really premium feeling. Sonic performance is much better too, impactfull tight bass, and really crisp treble resolution. Really muscial and engaing. Also, I only fly like twice a year, and mostly only a 2hr flight max so I don't really need ANC.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #147 of 904
The early reviews sound like they are improved and love or hate Apple, I love what the W1 chip adds. I am looking for some wireless headphones and am trying to decide if I want ANC or not. If I do, I'll look at these pretty hard (trying to not have a negative preconceived opinion on all things Beats going in) or if I want to go for something like the DSR9BT, which are a different compromise.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #148 of 904
I call them telephone vocals. Bose is only a minor offender imo. Some honkyness somewhere between 1khz and 4khz. I think Sennheiser has this the worst. Momentum Wireless and that 4.50BTNC thing. Horrible.

I think the QC35 has this character of being warm in the bass, sort of too rounded, yet not flabby, and then mid-treble it gets artificial rough sounding. Overall resolution isn't very high and feels like they tried to sugar coat the roughsound with some sort of electronic smoothing.

I don't know how to explain it, it is not dark sounding but at the same has no sparkle and poor instrument separation.

When you consider the 349 price point, and it is all plastic....

I got rid of it. spent just a little more and got the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless, real leather, metals, really premium feeling. Sonic performance is much better too, impactfull tight bass, and really crisp treble resolution. Really muscial and engaing. Also, I only fly like twice a year, and mostly only a 2hr flight max so I don't really need ANC.

Vocals on the Momentum are pushed forward and as a result extremely detailed. I wouldn't consider them "telephone vocals." I agree about the QC35 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back