Beats Studio pro full sized, mini reveiw.
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

WhiteCrow

Is not fooled by rapper-endorsed products.
Well I was at best buy today, also I'm anti best buy now they totally screwed me charging me a 25$ restocking fee for a never opened item I returned. anyways I was looking for some IEM's the UE7, Klishp Image 2 and S4. Some lady comes up with the beats and says they will blow me away, not wanting to be a dick I said OK, listened to them for about ten second and took them out, handed them back and said No thanks I prefer the JVC marshmallows to those, her face was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. So curiosity killed the cat, I saw they had the new beats the studio ones, the like giant ones*not sure what they are actually called* I have herd they are head and shoulder better than the regular beats so I said what the hay i will try them. I think anyone who would charge the500$+ price tag on those needs to come chest to face with the scavengers daughter*I hope my med-evil comedy wont go unnoticed*. I was simply appalled at what I herd, the bass and highs were yes better than the regular beats but my god was it still bloated. The highs were still as cold and shrill as I could ever imagine. The only thing that set this apart from the regular beats, other than the price tag was the mids. Mid range is something Dr.Dre has clearly never had any real experience with and probably never will, I swear I could almost hear some ones voice but it was so muffled by the bass and highs I was unsure. All in all I hated them and would never wish them or there price tag on anyone.

Side note: sorry for the spelling I'm super tired and working on finishing up a school paper.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 51
I think the Choke Pear is more appropriate...or perhaps that one could be saved by the creator of the Beats and Dr. Dre for lending his name to such a product thus thrusting it into popular culture.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 51

Quote:
I think the Choke Pear is more appropriate...or perhaps that one could be saved by the creator of the Beats and Dr. Dre for lending his name to such a product thus thrusting it into popular culture.

Perfect, or the pear of anguish BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! also they sure liked there pear themed torture devices in the med-evil era lol.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 51

I'm a little confused by your post.. What does the restocking fee have to do with the Beats? I'm guessing you tried the Beats Pro, since they're the only Beats that are anywhere near "500$+" at $400. Were the earpads circular or oval? Were they study and made of metal or just glossy plastic? I haven't met anyone who was entirely turned off by the sound of the Studio Beats, they're definitely fun 'phones.. The Solos are awful and muddy, haven't gotten a chance to hear the Pros.. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 51

Quote:

I'm a little confused by your post.. What does the restocking fee have to do with the Beats? I'm guessing you tried the Beats Pro, since they're the only Beats that are anywhere near "500$+" at $400. Were the earpads circular or oval? Were they study and made of metal or just glossy plastic? I haven't met anyone who was entirely turned off by the sound of the Studio Beats, they're definitely fun 'phones.. The Solos are awful and muddy, haven't gotten a chance to hear the Pros.. 

they were big, white, metal and had giant round pads, not the beats studios but teh studio pro's I didnt know the name of them lol. I hated them it was just like listeing to the beats but with a super sennheiser midrange, like if some one had put a blanked over a sennheiser's*already veild mids*

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 51
***waves*** You have now.

Quote:
 I haven't met anyone who was entirely turned off by the sound of the Studio Beats, 

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 51
lol.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 51
We need to sticky this review so people will stop asking if the Beats are any good.

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 51
Jan 12, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 51
Jan 12, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 51
whats next, you start buying skull candy earbuds because they pump premium sound straight into your eardrums?

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #14 of 51
Okay, the mids on these aren't really muffled. They're colored loudly in an incredibly weird unnatural way. So much so that pretty much every frequency smears with the adjacent one. It's not really "good" for the price, but seriously. I like these more than the M50's everyone seems to be so devoted to. The Pros are actually fun to listen to (outside of the BB thing.) and not meant to sound accurate. But they kinda realized that and ran as far away as natural as possible and made something that makes AT's mids sound neutral.

And if anyone is completely turned off by the Beats' sound, then I suppose they're turned off by basically every closed headphone south of $1000. (discounting the AKG K270/K271 and likely a few others) Because most of them have a V curve, which the Beats have.

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #15 of 51

Quote:
Okay, the mids on these aren't really muffled. They're colored loudly in an incredibly weird unnatural way. So much so that pretty much every frequency smears with the adjacent one. It's not really "good" for the price, but seriously. I like these more than the M50's everyone seems to be so devoted to. The Pros are actually fun to listen to (outside of the BB thing.) and not meant to sound accurate. But they kinda realized that and ran as far away as natural as possible and made something that makes AT's mids sound neutral.

And if anyone is completely turned off by the Beats' sound, then I suppose they're turned off by basically every closed headphone south of $1000. (discounting the AKG K270/K271 and likely a few others) Because most of them have a V curve, which the Beats have.

hmm, well I liked my sennheiser HD 448, not Vcurve, like my ultrasones, not Vcurve, hated the pro's not sure of response graph. Point being I did not like them, that's my opinion and they are way way way over priced for what they dish out. also I will try and relisten, but I did thing the mids were way to muffled by the bass and highs, what did you listen to with them? I had to use the in store little music player and that only have hip-hop/wrap on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back