Beats Solo 2? A good sign of change?
Aug 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FunkDrummer

Head-Fier
I walked into the Apple store after work to determine which headphone I would buy next. I started demoing many things ranging from B&W's-Bose's since they didn't have any of the high grade "audiophile" stuff. I walk over to the Beats side and put on the Beats Solo 2. To my surprise, these didn't sound terrible in fact, I really enjoyed the overall sound. It was a warm sounding headphone without concealing much of the treble. The comfort was better than the previous pair and seems to be better built. 

I didn't have enough time do do a full analysis of the headphones but this is what I got. So far.

Did anyone else change their mind about Beats? I personally have no intention of buying the Solo's but these do sound really good. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 3
There's been many positive reviews on the Solo 2 coming from sites like InnerFidelity. I also tried out the Solo 2s at an Apple Store today. They still are bass heavy but definitely much clearer and less overpowering than previous Beats headphones. The mids have some warmth to them. The treble is a bit laid-back for my liking but isn't muffled by any means (I'm used to the typical V-shape sound signature).

As an Android phone user (I have an iPad 2 as well) I only go to Apple Stores to check out the headphones and other accessorieswhen I'm bored lol, but for "audiophile" headphones, they should have the RHA MA750i for about 130$. I haven't heard these before but they have some very good reviews here on Head-Fi but I'd wait to see if their price drops as RHA recently announced the higher end T10i.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 3
  There's been many positive reviews on the Solo 2 coming from sites like InnerFidelity. I also tried out the Solo 2s at an Apple Store today. They still are bass heavy but definitely much clearer and less overpowering than previous Beats headphones. The mids have some warmth to them. The treble is a bit laid-back for my liking but isn't muffled by any means (I'm used to the typical V-shape sound signature).

As an Android phone user (I have an iPad 2 as well) I only go to Apple Stores to check out the headphones and other accessorieswhen I'm bored lol, but for "audiophile" headphones, they should have the RHA MA750i for about 130$. I haven't heard these before but they have some very good reviews here on Head-Fi but I'd wait to see if their price drops as RHA recently announced the higher end T10i.

Glad to see that you personally like the headphones. I would not purchase it since I already have warm sounding buds (the SE215's) but for consumer grade headphones these are surprisingly very good, although many would agree that there much better options out there (this is also my opinion. 

I completely agree with demoing many different accessories. So far, the momentum over ears are my absolute favorite sealed cans, but the price is to hefty :'( ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back