Beats Pro vs V-moda crossfade LP vs SMS Street/Sync by 50
Dec 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

whatamelon

New Head-Fier
By the title, you can obviously see i have a thing for aesthetics. Hopefully you guys wont bash for that!

I currently have v-modas. Ive had them for over a year and a half now, and i'm getting tired of them hurting my ears after an hour of listening and dont feel any good sound differences anymore, and just want something new overall.

My friend is currently selling beats pro for only 200$, which is also within my budget (i dont really have one to be honest) and i just recently saw the Sync's by SMS audio. Any body test those out yet, or are they just going to be another line of beats and souls?

If anyone else has any decent looking headphones let me see them! Although i love nice sound, looks kind of matter to me. :/

Thanks so much!

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 10
You may want to go for the V-Moda M80's if you can afford $200 headphones.

If you want, you can check out Tyll's reviews on them at InnerFidelity, both the website and the YouTube channel. IIRC, Tyll thinks that the SMS headphones don't sound all that great. Also, some people have said that the LP's are not that great either, as they bought them during Black Friday for $75 and were still disappointed. Beats Pro's... well, I'm not really know how they sound, so I can't judge them or the price you are able to get them at. I'm sure an unbiased Head-Fier who has actually heard them would be able to tell you.

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 10
I have the crossfade LP right now, and dont really want to get another pair of v-modas. Would really like to try something new. 

If beats pro are better than LP's in terms of sound / build and confort ill probably lean towards those. the SMS audio Sync by 50 look really cheap like beats studio, which i hate. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 10
I own the Pro's, and I wouldnt really recommend them as a step up. Dont get me wrong, I like their sound, but my biggest gripe is the clamping force on those suckers. I quickly grew tired of the irritation, so I carefully bent the top piece outward to alleviate pressure. Even after doing so, they still give me red ears after an hour of listening; although the pain isnt as excruciating.

IMO, the HD25-1-II look pretty slick on most people; and the cheap plastic look is a great disguise for their awsome sound(I lent them to one of the kids at work and they were blown away because they expected cheap skullcandy-like sounding 'phones).
Also, while I cant vouch for it's SS, the DT1350's also look really slick for the money.

May 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #6 of 10
I assume you like bass, so with that in mind, I'll recommend you the audio technica ath pro700mk2 or beyerdynamic dt770. I love the looks of both headphones, and they sound better than the beats pro IMO.

May 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
LOL i have the pro700 mk2 I LOVE IT!!

i pair it with my E11, def a good pair

but now thinkin about buying the digizoid :)

what you think?

I can honestly say I am unfamilar with the digizoid, I think it's a bass booster? If I'm right I really wouldn't reccomend it If you already have a bass heavy headphone. I think it will end up sounding like the skullcandy skullcrushers, ok maybe not that bad, but you know what I mean. I think if you already have a bass heavy headphone, you should go with something totally different like the shure srh940 therefore you'll be able to cover the whole spectrom of music with about 2 different headphones. Thats just my opinion though.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 10
Guys......This is getting off topic!
Also, IMO OP should get the SMS Street if comparing to Beats Pros since they look better IMHO and sound just a *little* worse if comparing price/performance

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Guys......This is getting off topic!
Also, IMO OP should get the SMS Street if comparing to Beats Pros since they look better IMHO and sound just a *little* worse if comparing price/performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back