Beats Pro - Unamp'd with iPhone?
Feb 4, 2011 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Seraphx17

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to pick up a pair of Beats Pro headphones. To my knowledge they are not actively powered, but passive and power through the input jack. I want to be able to use them on the go with my iPhone 4, and upgrading from the Studios, will sound quality be a problem? 

I've heard mixed things: some people say iPhone's and classics power it fine while smaller mp3 players like Nano's struggle, while others say that all of them greatly decrease the sound quality and/or volume and power achieved.

I understand I can get more power from an amp, but when for example comparing it to the Studios, which are powered, will I still hear a massive difference in quality unamp'd? Would studios sound even better through an iPhone as they are active, even though Pro's are better headphones?

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 9
why. for 400 bucks get a friggin' Sennheiser 650, some grados, AKG's, or any number of headphones.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
why. for 400 bucks get a friggin' Sennheiser 650, some grados, AKG's, or any number of headphones.

I'm looking for the best possible portable headphones that don't have to be amp'd to reach their full potential. I understand many do not like Beats, but I'm just looking for an answer on this particular pair.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 9
I think many might be an understatement. Anyway to answer your question the iPhone powers the headphones fine, whether or not they sound better is personal preferance, most people say that the Pro's sound better though (although I have never tried Beats headphones).

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 9
they are garbage. its not that we don't like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back