Beats PRO, Sony MDR-XB1000 or ULTRASONE pro 2900?
Nov 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hanii

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone :D

I looking for some high-end headset with good sound and some crazy Bass. and my problem is that i don't know much about speakers, so i could really use some help to choose some. What i have been looking at is these 3 headset:

Sony MDR-XB1000 - http://www.sony.dk/product/hps-extra-bass-and-dj/mdr-xb1000

ULTRASONE 2900 - http://www.ultrasone.com/index.php/en/products/pro-2900.html

Monster Beats Pro - http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5616&cat=1

Which one should i go for? or do you guys know some headset that is better ? price is not a issue 

Thanks alot

Best Regards, Hani from Denmark :) n

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 10
Im so sorry for writting in the wrong section. and thank u for ur respons. So why did you choose the 2900 rather than the other 2? 
how much difference is there with closed cans and open cans. and what is better? Im so newbie in this area 

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Im so sorry for writting in the wrong section. and thank u for ur respons. So why did you choose the 2900 rather than the other 2? 
how much difference is there with closed cans and open cans. and what is better? Im so newbie in this area 

I would do a little more research as there are many other options to choose from in that price range.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 10
I needed an open can with good bass, so it was an easy choice. I don't need a portable with isolation.

I use IEMs for portable use.

There is a difference for sure. You have to listen, or at least read a lot of people's advice on open vs closed.

Open cans will generally sound better if you don't need the isolation.
Food for thought. I owned the Pro 900, and whilst it was a good can, the 2900 eliminated the shortcomings of the 900 IMO (tighter bass, better soundstage, more forward mid vocals etc) It all depends what kind of sound you're seeking.

Quote:

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 10
No worries. Marketing of the Beats Pros makes anyone think that they're "High-End," I doubt anyone would have questioned it until you came to Summit-Fi where people have phones costing $1000+ all the way up to the SR009 ($5000+) and beyond. Not to mention $5,000 Amps and DACs
beyersmile.png
and $30,000 CD Players. LOLs.

If you're looking for clean, deep, hard hitting bass, PLEASE check out the Denon D2000s. It will rattle your skull without distorting the mids, highs. I felt like the Beats distorted the mids/highs as the bass bled into these frequencies, very sluggish/slow bass, and the highs sounded harsh/grainy. No way worth the price they're asking for unless it was a fashion accessory. Just my opinion. Good Luck!

Quote:

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #7 of 10
#Metroboy thanks alot for the responds, I have been reading about open cans and closed cans a bit today and i also went to my local speaker-shop and tried some open cans and closed cans. I really liked the closed cans more. I like to be in my own world when i listen to stuff, and the closed cans helps alot with that  :D

#M-13 Damn i really thought that it was high-end stuff :p lol didnt know there was headsets for $5000 :xf_eek: I have been checking the Denon D2000s out, and  im gonna check some more reviews on them . thanks for the help :) 

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Welcome to Mid-Fi land! 
k701smile.gif

The sweet spot for best 'bang for buck' IMO.

Going for what I've listened to, I would go for the Pro 2900. The XB1000 I tried at a sony store with my portable setup didn't impress me as much as the XB500 in terms of bass impact but they did sound much wider and less forward. 

My opinion on the Beats line is fairly low, especially in comparison to the Pro 2900 at this price range. There really shouldn't be any comparison once you listen to the Ultrasones.

My two cents.

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for the help guys. I got really interrested in Denon D2000s, But i also like the Ultrasone pro 2900. Which should i go for? gonna get 1 of them next week :D and btw. do they need a receiver to sound great? or can i use them without a receiver with my ipod and still sound great? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back