Beats Mixr?
Feb 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 31
Dubstep Girl is making idiotic comments. I own these. I have high demands for headphones. Take these for what they are. I.E. Colored sound but in an enjoyable way. These have true detail to the mids and highs. The resolution is ASTOUNDING for a beats product. These rival my Grado 225 in mids and highs...something no other beat product can claim including the pros. 

The Denon 2000 and these are not comparable. You are comparing a portable lightweight headphone meant for mobile use to an at home, amp recommended full size product.

I will say this...Beats Mixr has filled a legitimate void in the market place. Where B&W P5 made a splash with their decent overall build/sound, the Mixrs capitalize in a major way.

Build quality, best looks in class, iPhone controls, good isolation, virtually no leak (regardless of volume) good comfort (not perfect, I put mine on the box for 2 days while music played through to stretch them out and warm them up). Im not going to sit here an sing the praises of a headphone when Im not being paid. I'll let the other keyboard warriors handle that. If you are serious about quality sound on the go, swing over to best buy and give these a shot. 

As far as price is concerned...comparables are around $250 for HD25, $300 for P5, $200 for V moda. These are priced appropriate for the market and the niche. And with the hard case, iPhone controls, build quality, light weight, etc these actually have some bang for the buck. 

2 years ago, Skullcandy and VModa would be laughed off this forum. Today people respect some pieces of their line up. Beats have shown some evolution in their sound quality initially with the pros (price point destroyed those) and now the Mixr have taken it to the next step. 

Put your cash where your mouth is, try these out. If you hate them, take them back. If you have a need for a solid mobile headphone you will keep these. You make yourself sound like a fool when you compare products that have no relation to each other. You are obviously biased towards your preferences. That is fine but don't influence the decisions of others based on your own arrogance/ignorance. 

Im genuinely interested in what others think. Would love to hear some feedback from truer audiophiles. I enjoy colored sound. Im man enough to admit it. Theres a lot of others that like the same. Get off the high horse and give it a shot (Denon 2000 is nothing revolutionary anyway and deeply colored in their own way). 

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #17 of 31

Quote:
Dubstep Girl is making idiotic comments. I own these. I have high demands for headphones. Take these for what they are. I.E. Colored sound but in an enjoyable way. These have true detail to the mids and highs. The resolution is ASTOUNDING for a beats product. These rival my Grado 225 in mids and highs...something no other beat product can claim including the pros. 

The Denon 2000 and these are not comparable. You are comparing a portable lightweight headphone meant for mobile use to an at home, amp recommended full size product.

I will say this...Beats Mixr has filled a legitimate void in the market place. Where B&W P5 made a splash with their decent overall build/sound, the Mixrs capitalize in a major way.

Build quality, best looks in class, iPhone controls, good isolation, virtually no leak (regardless of volume) good comfort (not perfect, I put mine on the box for 2 days while music played through to stretch them out and warm them up). Im not going to sit here an sing the praises of a headphone when Im not being paid. I'll let the other keyboard warriors handle that. If you are serious about quality sound on the go, swing over to best buy and give these a shot. 

As far as price is concerned...comparables are around $250 for HD25, $300 for P5, $200 for V moda. These are priced appropriate for the market and the niche. And with the hard case, iPhone controls, build quality, light weight, etc these actually have some bang for the buck. 

2 years ago, Skullcandy and VModa would be laughed off this forum. Today people respect some pieces of their line up. Beats have shown some evolution in their sound quality initially with the pros (price point destroyed those) and now the Mixr have taken it to the next step. 

Put your cash where your mouth is, try these out. If you hate them, take them back. If you have a need for a solid mobile headphone you will keep these. You make yourself sound like a fool when you compare products that have no relation to each other. You are obviously biased towards your preferences. That is fine but don't influence the decisions of others based on your own arrogance/ignorance. 

Im genuinely interested in what others think. Would love to hear some feedback from truer audiophiles. I enjoy colored sound. Im man enough to admit it. Theres a lot of others that like the same. Get off the high horse and give it a shot (Denon 2000 is nothing revolutionary anyway and deeply colored in their own way). 

Denon AH-D2000* Is probably one of the best headhphones at it's price point. And headphones don't need to be "revolutionary". That is just a stupid term used by some companies to make their products sound better than what they are. Put that word right next to "Magical".

Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs are actually $200 on amazon and not $250. Tried out these mixrs at microcenter a while ago and they have nothing on the $50 cheaper HD 25s, which are a widely known and accepted headphone. But you don't need my word for it.. Just wait for one of the well known unbiased reviewers on the forums to do a review and say the same thing I am.  

What you should understand is that the business model of Beats is not to spend extra money on quality, their products are being gobbled up by the general public so quickly that it doesn't matter. They will attempt to sell the cheapest product to you while making the most profit.  So don't be naive and believe the non-sense they say about "trying to appeal to audio enthusiasts". It is just more of their marketing trash.   

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 31
I'd still like to see some reviews by reputable reviewers though.  Honestly though, I still don't really like the way they look...I like the way the M-80s look quite a bit more.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #19 of 31
I wouldn't write these off so easily. While I doubt that they're as good as the HD-25s or the D2000s, to say that they are just crap just because they're Beats with no evidence is plain ridiculous. I for one can't believe that the P5 is so well regarded when it is truly a POS headphone for price (one of the only legitimate reasons that people hate on Beats). The only reason that I would pick the P5 over say, even Beats, is that I think that Beats make me look like a tool and I'd be embarrassed to wear them.

Yeah, take from this what you will. I for one think that even iBuds are okay if you bother to seat them properly - and I own customs.

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #20 of 31

Quote:
Oh wow, 250 quid over there?  The MSRP is $250 over here...that's almost $400 over there.

Yea everything is so expensive here when you compare it to the prices in the US

Quote:

Denon AH-D2000* Is probably one of the best headhphones at it's price point. And headphones don't need to be "revolutionary". That is just a stupid term used by some companies to make their products sound better than what they are. Put that word right next to "Magical".

Sennheiser HD 25-1 IIs are actually $200 on amazon and not $250. Tried out these mixrs at microcenter a while ago and they have nothing on the $50 cheaper HD 25s, which are a widely known and accepted headphone. But you don't need my word for it.. Just wait for one of the well known unbiased reviewers on the forums to do a review and say the same thing I am.  

What you should understand is that the business model of Beats is not to spend extra money on quality, their products are being gobbled up by the general public so quickly that it doesn't matter. They will attempt to sell the cheapest product to you while making the most profit.  So don't be naive and believe the non-sense they say about "trying to appeal to audio enthusiasts". It is just more of their marketing trash.   

Agreed. The HD-25s are better than the Mixr and they're cheaper too so I'd definitely go for the Sennheisers

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #21 of 31
I heard these at Best Buy the other day. In my opinions, they were the best sounding Beats headphones I have ever put to my ears. There were details in them... in contrast to the super muffled presentation of the Solo and Studio versions nearby. They were like the Pro, but with more treble details, and significantly less bass.

However, I must say... they really don't deserve the asking price ($250) if sound quality was of utmost importance. Disregarding what bias I may have for other headphones I currently own, I also audited the nearby headphones: Sony XB500, Klipsch Image One, and Sennheiser HD448.

In my opinions, those 3 headphones represent very well 3 listening styles that would fit almost any listener, and still sound far nicer than the Beats Mixr. The XB500 had mega bass, comparable to the Beats Pro, but didn't sacrifice any detail to get there. The Klipsch Image One had some very serious sound stage and mid emphasis. Vocal was right next to me, while all of the other instruments were further away, easily measured in excess of 10 ft. Sennheiser HD448 was bright, and sparkling. It had so much high frequency extension that it sounded piercing at times, but it also reproduced sax and cymbals faithfully. HD448 also separated instruments effortlessly.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 31
First off for my first post I would like to thank everyone in this community as they have given me some invaluable information. For the past 8 months I have been on a quest to find a great pair of headphones (thanks to amazon return policy!!!). For IEM's I have tried Klipsch s4's, Apple in Ear's, Shure SE215, Thinksound ts-02 + rain, Bose IE2, Audeo Perfect Bass, Etymotic HF5, UE 500, Jbuds, Skull Candy, and others. For headphones I have tried Bose OE2, Klipsch, AIAIAI TMA-1 (2nd best), Beats Solo HD, Skullcandy Aviators, Bowers & Wilkens p5, Sennheiser Bluetooth, ATH-M50. I purchased the Beats MIxr at Best Buy and full expected to return them in a week and continue my quest. I'm done. These are really great. I remember reading on here that the beats solo HD were garbage, and overall I agreed. The sound was simply too "fake". The Mixr's are the perfect balance (FOR ME!). They have the bass, yet also can hear little intricacies in the sound. The only issue was that they were a bit tight after prolonged period os usage. I left them on the box for 24 hours and they were perfect. I think this may be the first Beats that will change some people minds on this forum. Beats may be here to stay. I really liked the AIAIAI TMA-1 but there was something that I couldn't put my finger on. These keep pleasing the ears. Again thanks for all the advice, the information on here has been unreal!!

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #25 of 31
I listened to the mixr and compared to the pro, solo (HD?), and studio.
The the pro and the mixr were tied for best, then the solo close for 2nd. The studios was terribad (all the hate to beats should go towards these).
albeit over priced the pros weren't terrible, the mixr might be good for some and they look cool imo.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #26 of 31
I paid $230 AUD for mine delivered, and they're certainly worth that. The build quality makes them worth more than that. There's lots of good quality bass ,and the highs are better represented in these than the other models. I think to be prejudiced against them would be just as bad as blindly buying them for the label.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #28 of 31
The common misconception that beats are **** is well beyond absurdity. They may not sound like hd 600, but they don't sound "****ty." I have a pair of pro's (ultra-high quality bootleg), and they sound pretty descent. I may say they sounded pretty close to denon d1001, but bass quality wasn't quite "hi-fi". 

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

How is the Beats mixr compared to the V-moda m80?
intersted in both, but just can't choose, aarghhhh.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back