Beats in general are overrated and overpriced, and half the people don't even know who makes them.
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #16 of 28
Ironically, Sennheiser and Beats/formerly Monster probably have several models assembled in the same Chinese sweatshops alongside one another.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:
I just reread the title... How actually "makes" them and who "manufactures" beats anyway. Beats "'makes" beats hp, but who manufactures them? Ehh, any place can but still. Not sure if the OP is saying that he thinks Sennheiser manufacturers beats

Trust me, I'm not that stupid. I recently joined here a few days ago, so I'm not too widely familiar with other beats threads, and for that I'm sorry. I personally just wanted to blab a bit just like everyone else. Nothing like a good paragraph of uselessness that gets things off your chest, right?

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #21 of 28
Don't worry, this Beats-problem is an issue that only plagues USA and some parts of the British isles.

In the rest of the world, sanity still rules in headphones - sometimes :)

Really, it's a fad and it will die.

One day another set of cans will come along and Beats will be so 'uncool'.

Then the people will flock to that.

That's the nature of the game.

And it's good for us who buy the quality cans, because there is less demand, the prices stay reasonable.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #22 of 28
Cough cough

Sony and bose are and have been VERY popular for decades now and Beats is and wont just let their brand die.

Sony and bose arent bad though. Its just that they focus more on consumers and thus the negative connotation. Bose ultraportal lines actually sound good but at a premium and top line sonys are amongst the best summit fi has to offer.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 28
Guise really?
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:
As we are trying to be objective and mature. "Sweatshops" isnt exactly the word that should be used.

Sorry but that's what they are.  From an objective/mature standpoint, what else would you call the labor/worker's rights conditions in China right now? We are all guilty of supporting it in some way or another. PC dodging is the opposite of mature.

All of these brands (rebrands) are arbitrary when it comes to "who makes them" (generic factories making 10-20 different brands in the same building) aside from a few flagship models made in Ireland/Austria/Germany.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #26 of 28
Can't we agree Beats aren't all bad sounding. But they are hilariously overpriced and overhyped which is why they pretty much suck.

I think that the Pro's and the Solos are genuinely bad, though.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:
Sorry but that's what they are.  From an objective/mature standpoint, what else would you call the labor/worker's rights conditions in China right now? We are all guilty of supporting it in some way or another. PC dodging is the opposite of mature.

All of these brands (rebrands) are arbitrary when it comes to "who makes them" (generic factories making 10-20 different brands in the same building) aside from a few flagship models made in Ireland/Austria/Germany.

Worker's rights are actually rising at a fairly fast pace, factory workers are being paid three times as much as when they started out, now around 100-150 yuan a day, and condition are increasing, but now as much as salaries, but with a population of 1.1 billion, what can you expect. I wouldn't say conditions are so bad, more crude rather than bad. personal experience.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #28 of 28
As this is, indeed, a topic that has been done to death, I'm closing it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back