Beats in general are overrated and overpriced, and half the people don't even know who makes them.
Oct 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

AlphaRedFox

New Head-Fier
The biggest and most sorriest example of social bias, slap a popular artists' name on a headphone no one has ever heard of before, and there you have it, the "best pair of headphones in the world."

Sadly enough, I'm seeing more and more Soul headphones around too.

Out of curiosity, I've asked several beats owners if they've ever heard of Sennheiser, and of course they all said no. In my opinion, the good brands need to step it up a bit and do some better marketing, because this is simply getting ridiculous. 
triportsad.gif

And look at this, Soul headphones with Usain Bolt on it.
http://www.workoutheadphones.org/usain-bolt-headphones-by-soul/

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 28
Totally agree with you, ask anyone wearing Dr.Beat headphones what headphone brands they know, you'll usually get a reply of either Beats or Bose. The one place where Beats excels is marketing, although I've not personally seen their ads, plenty of my friends rave on about how "cool" and "stylish" they are.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 28
Really guys and gals. Leave it alone. This topic is so played out on here it isn't even funny. There  nothing wrong with the Beats/Soul/etc. as long as the person who owns them likes listening to them and doesn't mind paying the premium. End of story. Stop Beats bashing or move to a different site please. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 28
Well I have a pair of Beats Pro and I had heard of Sennheiser, Shure, Grado, etc when I bought them. In fact I had my Shure E5's with me that day. And yes, I knew who Monster were too, seeing as I've used plenty of their car cabling in the past.

Tbh, I had a listen to them at Heathrow thinking I'd try them just to prove to myself the sound would definitely be more style over substance and I actually was astonished to find I liked them. As I had two hours to my flight, I stood there trying them with different tracks for 45 mins or so and decide to buy them.

I don't like the attention getting beats logo on them, but I do like the sound, so I've been happy with them.

It's also worth considering that Beats have brought the entire headphones / earbuds replacement market to the front of people's minds when they buy a new music playing phone or an iPod / MP3 player, so it is benefiting all manufacturers.

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 28
I bought a pair of fake top-of the line beats pros so that whenever anyone I meet started raving about how great there pair of beats where I would show them mine and let them listen to my beats pros and watch as they cried after telling them I paid $25 for them.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 28
the other day I saw a guy in beats and just walked up to him and savagely assaulted him screaming "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT SENNHEISER!! DON'T EVEN KNOOOOWWWW--"

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:
Really guys and gals. Leave it alone. This topic is so played out on here it isn't even funny. There  nothing wrong with the Beats/Soul/etc. as long as the person who owns them likes listening to them and doesn't mind paying the premium. End of story. Stop Beats bashing or move to a different site please. 

Just like there are too many "Is burn in real?!!11","Looking for BASS heaphones" threads,but you get used to it
tongue.gif

But having a million"Beats are overated" doesnt really add anyingthing of value to the forums I agree.

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 28
I say, who cares? If someone really likes beats, then good for them. I find it a waste of time and energy to tell someone their opinion is "wrong." I prefer just to focus on my own headphones and enjoy the music :)

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:
Every forum, no matter hobby has a topic that gets over posted every single day. And on headfi this is the one.

This is true, and I think that when people start the "this has already been posted!" patrolling it's more of a sign that they spend too much time on the forum than that the topic needs to stop being posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back