Beats hate because of race?
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

OmarSy

Head-Fier
Apparently people dislike the beats by dr dre's because of race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0hbXfLPxQ

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:
What an idiot. I'll bet he uses race to explain all his problems, and I'll bet he's never even heard of the Q701's.

-.-....
Did you watch the video?
I'm getting the feeling you didn't... 

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 24
What a waste of oxygen. Imagined racism is even worse than actual racism as it creates an air of incredulity around all claims of racism and takes resources and thought away from actual instances of racism.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 24
Actually that's exactly what he said (technically he only "asked the question", which is a transparent deflection) at 1:00.
Quote:
He never said that ppl hate beats due to racism. OP, can you please not pose misleading questions?

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 24
Yes. One of the comments he posted on his video kind of annoyed me though..
"Expensive headphones doesn't equal great sound, I have the HD-800, there great, but not worth the $1,499 I paid for them. And their totally useless with portable devices."

Yeah.... 

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:
He never said that ppl hate beats due to racism. OP, can you please not pose misleading questions?

"Mah first thoughts on deez headphones, I watch a lodda youtube videos and it seems like, I see a lodda uh... uh... white kids talking about da uh... Audio Technica M50's, dey dis and dey dat. And da Beats suck and all dis old stuff. And I'm like, wha... is dis some kinda... racial thang, is... are people hatin on Beats because a black guy promoted them?"

Quoted word for word.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

"Mah first thoughts on deez headphones, I watch a lodda youtube videos and it seems like, I see a lodda uh... uh... white kids talking about da uh... Audio Technica M50's, dey dis and dey dat. And da Beats suck and all dis old stuff. And I'm like, wha... is dis some kinda... racial thang, is... are people hatin on Beats because a black guy promoted them?"

Quoted word for word.

My sides.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #11 of 24
The worst part is, the reviewer has no problem making somewhat salient points about build quality and overall value later in the video, but he says he's been buying headphones for 32 years, which I would take to mean he's at least 42 years old. I would be ashamed if I spoke like that at 42.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:
The worst part is, the reviewer has no problem making somewhat salient points about build quality and overall value later in the video, but he says he's been buying headphones for 32 years, which I would take to mean he's at least 42 years old. I would be ashamed if I spoke like that at 42.

Well, I mean you can't really change the way you speak so no gripe there.
If he can afford all these headphones I'm sure it means he has done something right.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 24
Changing your speech and inflections as an adult is the same thing as learning another (fairly simple) language. It's difficult, sure, but can certainly be done. Most people never find the need to speak more clearly in common social interactions, but I personally would be ashamed and change it for myself.
Quote:
Well, I mean you can't really change the way you speak so no gripe there.
If he can afford all these headphones I'm sure it means he has done something right.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Quoted word for word.

That's called posing a question. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back