BEATS BY DRE MIXRS help!!!
Oct 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Beats-By-Dre

New Head-Fier
Hi I have mixrs and I think they are very good for the price and everything but there not comfortable, is there any place I could bye replacement earpads that are more comfortable.
They have better sound then the whole beats line but they are less portable. Can I make them almost as comfortable as the studios? Please don't rip beats I'm not returning them and I'm fully aware of them being overpriced and not as good as they should be.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 20
I doubt there'd be many people that'd actually know which earpads would fit the Mixrs because most people here wouldn't waste money on them, but you should know that a clampy supraaural design like the Mixrs will never be as comfortable as the Studios. I don't think there are any earpads that'd fit them anyway. You can maybe try Sennheiser HD25 velour pads, but there's a big chance they either won't fit or make them sound worse. Pads are a pretty exacting thing for headphones.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 20
Thanks and I lied i never bought them I just said that so people wouldn't tell me not too I don't think I will and what is your opinion on the studios are they worth around 150-200 dollars and be honest.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 20
Well, the AKG K181DJ I bought for $58 is superior to the Studios, so there's my baseline. I can totally understand why newbies like them because they have a very strange enveloping, colored sound, but honestly, it makes a lot of music sound incredibly weird. I'd probably pay $70 for them if they weren't so fragile, but they're just so wrong sounding I can't take them that seriously. Same with the Pros. I like their fun, inaccurate sound because it's strangely euphoric if you don't focus on details much, but I discovered an even greater sense of euphoria with a $70 pair of AKG K240 Sextetts. Plus the Studios aim to be a noise cancelling headphone and don't do that job well; they even let sound out which is incredibly daft for a NC headphone. They aren't really that great of a buy if you care about anything other than aesthetics.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 20
My music is only rap new school and old school. I like the powerful bass and I'm looking for something that looks good I can get them for around $175 and they how do they easily break my friends have them and they are still together in one piece and how long do the studios battery's last. And does the cord pop out really easily or are they good headphones with lacking sound and mids.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 20
The thing is, Beats really aren't that bassy. They have a good thump, but you don't really feel the bass like you would with a good headphone. It's a really shallow-sounding bass. If you've ever heard a bass drum in person, you know how there isn't just a thump; there are other smaller textures and decay to the sound? Beats don't portray that. So for $170, I really hesitate to call that a deal for anyone that likes bass. And from my experience, even people who take care of them break them after a couple of years, and that's unacceptable. The mids are pretty unrefined and nasal to me too; they just don't mesh with me. Well, obviously not just me.

If you want recommendations, I did rather like the Phiaton MS400 for bass. It was still slightly boomy, but it was getting on the right track, plus they look really nice with their carbon fiber

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 20
I guess you are right with the bass but when I demoed them in the store they sounded awesome and I honestly don't like the look of any other headphones except the soul by ludacris sl300wb
How do they compare.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #8 of 20
The store's system is optimized to make it sound as good as possible. You won't get that sound at home. It'll be significantly worse.

No idea how the Souls sound, but I've heard bad reports. Maybe look at a V-Moda? I can't help too much with them though.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 20
i think soul's are just ludacris's way of trying to cash in on people who think headphones made by rappers are audiophile grade quality. if you're looking for comfort and looking to save a penny get mdx 500s, its like pillows for your ears. put if you ask any audiophile for the best high end headphone for <150 M-50s or VMODAs

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:
How about the lp2s vs m100s?

Well, there are really only 165 pairs of M100s in the wild and I do not have a pair of them.  However, I have some M80s which supposedly have a similar sound signature (tho with less bass and a more recessed midrange compared to the M100s) and the m100s will be superior for sure.  The LP2s are good, but they aren't nearly as balanced and clear as the M100s/M80s.  So it all depends what you're looking for in a headphone.  If you listen outdoors commuting, then the LP2s would probably be great (and you can get them now, not wait 60 days), but if you listen mostly at home in a quiet environment, you'll appreciate the M100s clarity a bit more if I had to guess.

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #15 of 20
I have the M-80, M-100 and have tried the LP2 before.  The LP2 has a huge bass response, and somewhat recessed highs - largely because the bass is so powerful.  The bass is amazing for electronic music, though I don't listen to much hip-hop myself, but I can imagine it will be good for that too.

The M-80 has quite a bit less bass than the M-100 and LP2, and will honestly sound bass light coming from either of those.  The mids, to me, are slightly more pronounced, and they sound a bit brighter than even the M-100, but that's probably just because of the reduced bass.  They are probably the most balanced of the three though, but barely neutral from an objective standpoint.

The M-100 is pretty much in between - the bass isn't quite as huge, but it's more controlled and goes deeper than the other two.  The highs extend further, but aren't particularly pronounced - so definitely not bright.  They really do sound quite amazing though!  And the folding feature is great.

But they do cost $100 more and won't really be available for another few months - so you'd actually be pretty safe with the LP2s, probably.  I've heard the Beats Pro before, and they're way overpriced for what they cost, and are extremely uncomfortable.  I wouldn't really recommend them, even if they do sound pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back