Beats by Dre Impressions and discussion Thread
Dec 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #16 of 68
I heard the fake Beats sound better than the original.
That pretty much sums it up about their sound quality.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #17 of 68
Quote:
Over the last 3~4 years I've been trying hard to give Beats by Dr. Dre a chance, not it's many chances, becuase I like Rap/Hip-Hop music. But every single time, Beats continue to failed my audition. To date, I still cannot understand why and how Beats could come out all the nonsense sounded headphones.

Was it the fault of Dr. Dre?
Was all the models sound calibrated under Dr. Dre "questionable" ears?
Maybe the Rap/Hip-Hop music has cause permanent damage to Dr. Dre ears drum?
Or maybe he just did not aware of it?
Or he refuse to admit he's a hearing handicap?

Pretty sure he's just paid to associate his name with the brand since he is the most well known producer in the rap game and is put on pedestal. There are a few pics of him using better headphones in the studio, I think they were Senns? I know one picture shows M50's but IDK if it was verified as being legit or photoshopped. 

I happened to listen to some BBD at Best Buy a few months ago before I even got quality headphones, I compared I think it was the Studios ($300) to some Bose ($200) and the Bose sounded much better and we all know the reputation of Bose so that too should say something. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #18 of 68
Nice troll thread. In all seriousness though, it's really sad that Monster & Dre ruined such a great opportunity to give the world quality sets of headphones. They had all that marketing power behind it years ago.

I have laughed at my college friends who wear Beats around their necks, thinking it's cool to walk around public like Beats are gigantic headphone necklaces... not realizing and/or caring they're really just overpriced status symbols. It humors me even more that celebrities and sports stars do the same. Ignorance is bliss. Shows the true power of marketing in this crazy world.

Really a shame. Monster is capable of making quality IEMs and headphones (as shown in my avatar). They just chose not to with the Beats line.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #20 of 68
Quote:
My tops list:
#1 beats pro
#2 beats tour
#3 hd650
#4 westone 4

Nice job of 

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 68
Quote:
The only beats headphone that I thought was even remotely mediocre is the Mixr but its so damn uncomfortable all the decent sound is pointless.

You can just stretch the headband and its comfortable. Nothing serious.

The mixrs are really nice portable headphones soundwise.
Only a tad cheaper and they are pre good.

HiFiGuy528 is right regarding his reviews in that point.

Though i think i would get a V-Moda M-100 if i would seek for a portable and stylish portable can.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #26 of 68
Quote:
Pretty sure he's just paid to associate his name with the brand since he is the most well known producer in the rap game and is put on pedestal. There are a few pics of him using better headphones in the studio, I think they were Senns? I know one picture shows M50's but IDK if it was verified as being legit or photoshopped. 

I happened to listen to some BBD at Best Buy a few months ago before I even got quality headphones, I compared I think it was the Studios ($300) to some Bose ($200) and the Bose sounded much better and we all know the reputation of Bose so that too should say something. 

Is this how thing worked? Oh my goodness... how can he get paid and DO NOTHING? This might just ruined all his holy efforts gained on RAP game. Like you, but I did all the way from low end to top range Studio, not a single one of them pass my audition. It is very sad but truth, BBD are only good for noises, not music.

On the other hand, dis-contracted Monster end headphone was a whole different story. Example like Monster Diesel Vektr which not extreme sounded are very OK to listening to music. Although it too suffered with limited soundstage reproduce.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #27 of 68
I dont feel it does, he is one of the best producers to ever do it IMO (Hell I'm listening to Keep Their Heads Ringing on my M50's right now!). Maybe a little biased since I am from the West Coast. His production vs what headphones his name is associated with are two different things. Monster is a huge audio company so makes sense to get celebs, esp Dr. Dre to be made to rep their company. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #28 of 68
Guys, although beats are incredible, we really need an appreciation forum for the absolute greatest sound equipment on the planet....skullcandys

Well actually the sad thing about this is that skullcandy has made a few models like the avaitors that sound half way decent. Even the Bose hate-train has come to a gradual halt to move over for the circle b runaway locomotive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back