Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Dec 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #391 of 436
Quote:
ouch for that poor guy.... ignorance really is expensive (but knowlage is expensive too though, for good reasons at least)

Ignoarance is bliss. I wish I thought my iBuds were sick, then I wouldn't have shelled out a grand for all my audio equipemnt. You know how many strippers $1,000 can buy? lol.

Neither do I, but i'de say 1 is plenty hahaha

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #393 of 436
Quote:
Well this thread also says "and other nearly criminal marketing schemes".
There are by far worse marketing ripoffs.
Take this HDMI cable from AudioQuest for $1100.00!!!!!! It is an HDMI cable folks. It transmits 1's and 0's. It is digital.
And if you really want a laugh take a look at the almost 100 reviews, they are hilarious. At least people seem smart enough for the most part not to waste their money on a 3 foot cable, but I looked this up to begin with after seeing some poor audio noob get sold a $175 dollar HDMI at BB by a salesman without even asking him what type of reciever/speakers he was using with his new TV.....
To me THAT is criminal.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE S****** ME!!!!!

And the reviews (at least for the American site) are just...............omg I hate humanity SOOOOO much.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #398 of 436
I think what most many people who just slam on beats fail to put the idea of these headphones into perspective.  I will completely admit that i am a "brand whore" I only wear Nike shoes, and in general Nike clothing.  I would never wear Adidas or any other brand for that matter.  Is Nike better than Adidas? No.  It's all in perspective.  For the average consume this is the same for headphones.  They want to have a certain persona about them.  Similarly I want to have a certain persona about me when i wear Nike.  After all, when you have a sick pair of Nike shoes people complement them.  When you are a teenager wearing a $400 dollar pair of eats you get complements.  The people who do not care about SQ buy beats.  Are they paying for SQ, no, but they think that they are.  More importantly they know that while wearing beats they will standout.  Which is why beats have the higher price tag. 

To experienced audiophiles wearing a pair of beats is unimaginable.  To a "popular" teenager wearing a pair of grados headphones is unimaginable.  Which is why i say everything is entirely in perspective. 

Teens love beats

Audiophiles love good headphones

If someone wants to waste money on beats quit ripping into them.  Just let them sample a high end headphone and learn from their own mistakes.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #399 of 436
Quote:

Teens love beats

Audiophiles love good headphones

That's a bit over generalizing lol I'm a "teen" but you would never catch me wearing beats xD
haha  I know you mean for the majority of the population....
Totally agree with what you're saying though some of my friends own beats and seem to love them.... oh and don't miss out for the remark on the beats mixrs 
"I don't buy these for the looks, I buy them for the sound" xD best thing I've heard in a while

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #400 of 436
That's a bit over generalizing lol I'm a "teen" but you would never catch me wearing beats xD
haha  I know you mean for the majority of the population....
Totally agree with what you're saying though some of my friends own beats and seem to love them.... oh and don't miss out for the remark on the beats mixrs 
"I don't buy these for the looks, I buy them for the sound" xD best thing I've heard in a while

I have a friend who gave me the "1-4" on good headphones after i told him i was in the market. His exact words were "bose are good but if you want the best you gotta go with the beats."
Not owning headphones but being on head-fi and researching i just started to chuckle to myself.

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #401 of 436
What happen if Beats become a sponsor of Head-Fi?

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #404 of 436
Quote:
Code:
Code:
I think beats knows what kind of brand they are and wouldn't do it.

I'm pretty sure they are....or at least were at one point.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #405 of 436
Quote:
The price should be too, but... atleast we know better.

i found the video btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJey7dWvJc

Skip to about 3:00

Ok, I got the conclusion at 4:30...
"We need injection of musics back on its place, and this why best buy do that:
It's Grab This, Embrace it, and Run with It >> THIS IS GONNA EXPLODE"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back