Beats Are Magical! And Other Nearly-Criminal Marketing Schemes
Jul 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #107 of 436
Ok I see your point it is entirely my responsibility to do this and the companies should be able to say whatever they like irrelevant of whether it is true or false. / Sarcasm

Are you trying to misunderstand me?

I'm saying that it's symptomatic of larger problems. Get involved, whatever side you're on. Don't wait until its lead chips in baby formula.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #108 of 436
Man...  I'd hate to think which other products I use that get bashed like this on a regular basis...  well, I know AT&T and Samsung do, but at least those I'm aware of and can live with.  Hate to think which products I actually adore that get thrashed however.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #109 of 436
Quote:
Man...  I'd hate to think which other products I use that get bashed like this on a regular basis...  well, I know AT&T and Samsung do, but at least those I'm aware of and can live with.  Hate to think which products I actually adore that get thrashed however.

Anybody can trash any brand they want, how the userbase back it up is another one.

You can bash Microsoft or Apple but their fan nerds can back up their claims easily

But once you get to bashing Beats, it's hard for their own fan base to back it up .....

I have good things and bad things to say about ATT and Samsung,

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #110 of 436
Yes, but keep in mind one of the things said in the bashing of this company was likening them to nazis...  that's pretty far by just about anyone's standards.  And I have no argument against bashing.  My comment was more commenting about me essentially worrying about my cluelessness/ignorance of some products I use that I enjoy, nothing negative about the commentary going on here.  Everyone has a right to express their opinion no matter what it is.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #111 of 436
Quote:
Yes, but keep in mind one of the things said in the bashing of this company was likening them to nazis...  that's pretty far by just about anyone's standards.  And I have no argument against bashing.  My comment was more commenting about me essentially worrying about my cluelessness/ignorance of some products I use that I enjoy, nothing negative about the commentary going on here.  Everyone has a right to express their opinion no matter what it is.

I just read the first few posts and posted my own....... I see politics got into this......hmmm.......

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #112 of 436
I would've put it up here in .doc form, but I can't add attachments to a post. Also, the Dre photo was real, it's just stylistically enhanced and was featured on his site a few years back.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #114 of 436
I'll be the first to admit I'm about as new as it gets truly starting to learn about headphones and the mechanics behind them.  Up until quite recently I never put much thought into it, until I thought to myself what a shame it is that with as much as I enjoy music, I haven't really bothered trying to accentuate its qualities by using good hardware to listen.  So, I can't say I really have any right to bash anyone.  But hell, even clueless me knows to stay away from Beats.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #115 of 436
Perhaps they just want to show they are better than that?  Also, by not acknowledging competition, it belittles them...  but then again, they just might see it as a lost cause and pray for those with better taste.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #116 of 436
Quote:
Perhaps they just want to show they are better than that?  Also, by not acknowledging competition, it belittles them...  but then again, they just might see it as a lost cause and pray for those with better taste.

We can say taht they are doing it to not ackowledge them..but Sennheiser is a company.

And yeah, I think it is more the later part where their main target isn't those people anyway, will cause deviation from their original route and etc etc.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #117 of 436
Hmm, perhaps many of the Beats fans should just buy Shure SRH-240 and slap a Beats sticker on there.  Spend 1/6th the cost and still get that "street cred"?

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #118 of 436
Quote:
Hmm, perhaps many of the Beats fans should just buy Shure SRH-240 and slap a Beats sticker on there.  Spend 1/6th the cost and still get that "street cred"?

The sound is different, most don't actually care or can even tell the sound difference....but Shure's aren't bass tastic...but then again, Never tried 240

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #120 of 436
Gah, I've always tried to avoid these type of threads, but 'd just like to say something. If Beats users enjoy their Beats, whether they know their not that great or not, than why not just let them be? Some of the bashing i've seen here is quite uncalled for and I've even read some comments where users wanted to be violent with beats users or their headphones, just cause they were wearing Beats headphones. And the Nazi reference, which I really hope was a joke, is taking it way too far.

I'm not saying Beats are good headphones, if anyone is thinking that at this point, but if someone enjoys using their headphones, that's honestly great for them in my opinion. They found something they enjoy, and I'm not going to berate them for their choice. A lot of people aren't worrying about if their Beats are technically better than other headphones, their just trying to enjoy the music, and in the end, isn't that what we should all be doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back