beats and bose
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 62

Quote:
yeah me too. what's hilarious is that monster's new headphones and why they broke off from Beats is that they wanted to get into the audiophile industry..they used that exact term and market it towards us..funny thing is. their $300 audiophile headphones look like those bulky gaming ones and....have "designs" and "personality" to them where you can add stuff to the headband to show who you are............

Are you talking about the Inspiration? I would definitely give them a chance and wait for the street price to come down, just like the Turbines. I liked what I heard when I had the MTPC, unfortunately driver flex was a big issue on those and eventually it damaged one of the drivers making it noticeably weaker. Monster definitely knows what they're doing, but they go for profit over sound usually.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 62

Quote:
Are you talking about the Inspiration? I would definitely give them a chance and wait for the street price to come down, just like the Turbines. I liked what I heard when I had the MTPC, unfortunately driver flex was a big issue on those and eventually it damaged one of the drivers making it noticeably weaker. Monster definitely knows what they're doing, but they go for profit over sound usually.

the thing is. i really can't say they know know. yes people love the turbines. but we can also argue that most companies also have that good product. but i see your point. the technology in their cables and what not are like audiophile things. like 192KHz, unseeable or unproducable to the AVERAGE human. but still there and with the right stuff will flourish. but stil. you do know what i am saying right..and they can't compete with current loved audiophile companies...espeically whentheir rep..is pretty damaged amongst professional users

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #18 of 62

Quote:
yeah me too. what's hilarious is that monster's new headphones and why they broke off from Beats is that they wanted to get into the audiophile industry..they used that exact term and market it towards us..funny thing is. their $300 audiophile headphones look like those bulky gaming ones and....have "designs" and "peronality" to them where you can add stuff to the headband to show who you are............

Wait, so *Monster* wanted to get into the audiophile industry? Huh, I guess that makes more sense than beats wanting to, since Monster's non-beats stuff is decent.

Do you happen to remember where you read that? I'd be interested to read the article. :)

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #19 of 62

Quote:
the thing is. i really can't say they know know. yes people love the turbines. but we can also argue that most companies also have that good product. but i see your point. the technology in their cables and what not are like audiophile things. like 192KHz, unseeable or unproducable to the AVERAGE human. but still there and with the right stuff will flourish. but stil. you do know what i am saying right..and they can't compete with current loved audiophile companies...espeically whentheir rep..is pretty damaged amongst professional users

My expectations aren't high that's for sure. But, it would be nice to see if Monster tries to redeem themselves. They're still pushing artist/designer endorsed headphones though, which tells me they're not changing any time soon. It was funny watching that interviewed advertisement between Jude and Noel Lee.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #20 of 62
I wouldn't say having a designer or artist supporting them will mean they're bad (hell, AKG has the Quincy Jones), but it does say they're still looking at a similar market.

However, if their marketing is able to popularize a legitimately *good* headphone, they'd help the industry (and its perception) quite significantly.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #21 of 62

Quote:
Wait, so *Monster* wanted to get into the audiophile industry? Huh, I guess that makes more sense than beats wanting to, since Monster's non-beats stuff is decent.

Do you happen to remember where you read that? I'd be interested to read the article. :)

took me 10 minutes but i got it
http://www.twice.com/article/479377-Monster_s_Lee_Comments_On_Beats_Split.php

"We're going to be more centered around the audiophile"  "We're going to come at sound quality from a different perspective. It will resonate more with more mature listeners, business professionals"

in case you don't believe the source or the quote
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22We%27re+going+to+be+more+centered+around+the+audiophile

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #22 of 62
then how about bowers and wilkins p5s? are they better priced then beats and bose?

Meh, I'd just get some Skullcandy Aviators and call it a day. Well made, stylish, and sound very good for what they are.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #23 of 62
I wouldn't say having a designer or artist supporting them will mean they're bad (hell, AKG has the Quincy Jones), but it does say they're still looking at a similar market.

However, if their marketing is able to popularize a legitimately *good* headphone, they'd help the industry (and its perception) quite significantly.

Dude, don't be bad-mouthing my Q701s or we'll be having words. :wink:

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #25 of 62
Just messing with you. :) The Q701s speak for themselves, Quincy can be damned proud his name is on these.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #26 of 62

Quote:

This is exactly what I meant, just that it shows a lack of change. Not to say all "designer phones" are bad.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #27 of 62
but the beats must be pretty good if so many celebrities are using them, right? (sorry i hope i don't sound like a beats fanatic) if you search beats celebrities online you get a bunch of pictures of celebs wearing beats at the airport, in their cars, shopping, etc...

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #28 of 62

Dr Dre says 'Fo Sho' Gimme some Mo!

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #29 of 62

Quote:
but the beats must be pretty good if so many celebrities are using them, right? (sorry i hope i don't sound like a beats fanatic) if you search beats celebrities online you get a bunch of pictures of celebs wearing beats at the airport, in their cars, shopping, etc...

Celebrities are usually just as prone to brand image and marketing as the rest of us are (perhaps even more so). Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Beats sent numerous celebrities free beats for added marketing.
Most of them are just as inexperienced with sound as the general public as well.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #30 of 62
Celebrities are usually just as prone to brand image and marketing as the rest of us are (perhaps even more so). Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Beats sent numerous celebrities free beats for added marketing.
Most of them are just as inexperienced with sound as the general public as well.

This is a good point that a lot of people don't get. Celebrities don't know any more about good headphones than the average person does. They grab whatever's being hyped, think "good enough" and call it a day.

Heck, I doubt that most recording artists know a good headphone from a bad one. They put on whatever the studio gives them to record with and forget about it.

The only "celebs" I would trust as examples of having good choice in phones would be producers, other production people and known audiophiles. You can be damn sure Dre doesn't put on Beats when he goes into the studio to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back