Beaten and almost killed because of headphones.
Jun 12, 2007 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Singapura

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/6...on.html?p=16,2

An 18 year old resident of The Hague, The Netherlands was beaten almost to death and robbed of his headphone. He was found unconscious by the police and admitted to the local hospital in critical condition.
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 27
Geeze, poor guy. If I was being robbed of my headphones, I would just give them up and save myself a beating. Or perhaps this guy was just a random victim of violence, and they decided to take his headphones afterwards? Can't say since I can't read the article. :/

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Bijna doodgeslagen om koptelefoon
AMSTERDAM -

Een 18-jarige Hagenaar is bijna doodgeslagen om een koptelefoon.

De politie is op zoek naar getuigen van de aanslag in de Elandstraat in Den Haag, zaterdagmorgen vroeg. Het slachtoffer werd daar zonder aanleiding in het gezicht geslagen. Hij raakte bewusteloos en werd later door de politie gevonden, beroofd van zijn koptelefoon. In het ziekenhuis bleek hij een hersenschudding en een scheur in zijn schedel te hebben opgelopen. De jongeman zei dat hij drie belagers had gezien. Eén van hen had blonde stekeltjes. De politie is op zoek naar getuigen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Translation
An 18 year old inhabitant of The Hague has almost been killed over a headphone.

The police are searching for witnesses of the attack in the Elandstraat (streetname) in The Hague, which took place saturday morning. The victim was hit in the face without warning. He was knocked unconscious and was found later by police officers, stolen of his headphones. In the hospital he was found to have sustained a concussion and a split in his skull. He described seeing three attackers, once of which had short blond spikes. The police are looking for witnesses.

It seems like everytime this happens here, it's over something little such as a MP3 player, cell phone, or now headphones.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it were a pair of ibuds or SR-60's i'd just give them to the aggressors.

If it were my RS-1's, fists would be flyin!

If I was walking about in the wrong part of The Hague, I'd gladly give them my RS-1's and run like hell.

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was walking about in the wrong part of The Hague, I'd gladly give them my RS-1's and run like hell.

x2

Most likely however they were a pair of ibuds and that's as sad as it gets.

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps they were really after his audio player?

Because that would have been so much better
rolleyes.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #15 of 27
Well, I guess this blows my cover. I'll never be able to 'shop' for headphones in the Netherlands again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back