Bay area meetup?
Nov 17, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #31 of 92
Ever since I heard of "Smeggy Thunderpants" I thought "they MUST be good."

So I hope you can make it.  

(Glad to hear someone shouldn't get stuck with the bill...whether it is me or anyone else!)

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #32 of 92
Hey... CEE TEE... you mentioned San Ramon. That works better for me. I'm East Bay, like rhythmdevils.
atsmile.gif

Millbrae, not so much.

Oh yeah, want an LCD-2 to be there for sure (so waiting is probably wise 
wink_face.gif
 ) . I'd bring my DAC1-Pre and my D7k's for sure. Maybe the DT880 or M50 if there is a want or need...

shane

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #33 of 92
I just saw this in Cee Tee's sig, so I'd be up for this.  That Dec 12th date could work, or something in Jan.  In general, Sun is better for me.

I haven't read from the beginning, but I still have a lot of stuff in my sig even though I have it marked as "gone".

I'd love to hear rhythmdevils LCD-2's !!  Location: anything mid-peninsula or across East Bay ish would be fine.  I don't think I'd be up for anything in the cities of Oakland or SF though.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #36 of 92
Just got a PM requesting Hayward (or close to that). That's nice and central. Right off the bridge for the Penn. crowd.
That works even better for me.

Where you coming from CEE TEE?

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 92
San Ramon (where I work), Hayward (just north of where I live), or Mountain View (where I used to work) are all good for me. 

I had been hoping to compare the LCD-2 and T1 at the meet, with the intent to purchase my favorite. It's too late for that, however.  I've been on the Audeze pre-order list for a while now, and I've been told an LCD-2 should be ready to ship to me tomorrow.  I'm buying it. 

I'm still curious about the T1 and hope someone brings one, but I will probably be able to add another LCD-2 to the collection of cans at the meet (along with my K1000 and HP-1).

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #40 of 92

Quote:
Mountain View.

You are practically next door to me- I'm in Cupertino.
I am supposed to have a Magnum 325is by the end of November. I can bring that and one or two other phones with me. The only problem is that I am not sure if I can make it. It depends on work and other things (I might even be in London at that time) but I am very interested and will try my best to come.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #41 of 92
Okay, folks.  I think I'm going to figure out a good date in January and be the one that sets up the room in...SAN MATEO.

That's close to the 92 bridge and central to everyone that has shown interest so far...

Now I gotta work on:
  1. the date (not a date, as my girlfriends can't stand how much I talk about wine, let alone...HEADPHONES??? 
    confused_face.gif
    )
  2. requirements for the space (power considerations?  chairs/tables needed?)
  3. and the suitable place

Over the next couple of weeks maybe I can book it.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #43 of 92
Christain (Cee Tee), can you keep track of everyone who's (possibly) coming and then what gear they might bring?  (I don't want to bring all my stuff if I know people have no interest in hearing particular headphones, for example.)

For example, I'd love the hear those Audeze LCD headphones.

And then if anyone has them, I'd be interested in hearing Grado RS2i's.

Right now, for example, I have the DT880/250 and DT880/600, so others could listen to hear if they hear a difference or not.  (I do.)  And then I also have the Revox 3100's, which is an older version of the DT880/600.

And right now, I have EP, MP, and LP examples of the AKG K240 Sextett.

And then I have other stuff that I might still have or not have in Jan: AKG 501 (V1), K240DF, and K240M.

And if anyone has HF2's, I'd love to hear them and compare to how mine sound.  Grado QC/manufacturing variation and all ... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #45 of 92
Great to see this event coming together. I think you will be surprised how many people turn up -- both noobs and extremely knowledgeable head-fi vets, including headphonii supremi.

I'm neither, but will be there, whenever. Hope to have a new DIY amp to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back