Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #392 of 527

Quote:
Im a n00b but going to bring my ATH-AD700 < CMOY amp < flac mostly trance music < rockbox < ipod.
Im also bring my laptop with some music on it. BTW if anyone want to copy the entire Armin Van Buuren discography in flac(30gb) from me. just holla.

Yes! This is the awesomest idea ever. I've got a couple external hard drives that I can bring, that have about 130 Gib of music. I'll make a list of all the folders with full resolution stuff, for those who blamelessly wouldn't stoop lower. Is this typical? If not, I vote that we make this a regular practice at these meets. think about it. If we all had one big common music collection, you'd have more than you could listen to for your entire life! 

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #393 of 527

Quote:
Keeping track of this. Both β22 and Audio-gd Phoenix will be there so I hope someone here will take their time to compare them head-to-head.

Since I am bringing my Audio-GD Phoenix and in the midst of building a β22, I am also very interested to see how they compare. 
smile.gif

Now that I have some table space, is there anyone interested in listen to my Vinyl rig?  I have a VPI Scout with Dynavector 20xL cartridge.  It's a bit of an exercise to transport and setup, but I'd be willing to bring it along if there is interest.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #395 of 527
I'll be hitting the road Thursday to drive down for the meet. My tentative gear list is
:
The BottleNagra - my custom Nagra T Audio reel to reel deck, playing some new demo tracks from the Tape Project's upcoming third series
This will run into a distribution box which will be connected to:
Bottlehead Crack with Speedball upgrade
Bottlehead S.E.X. amp with MagneQuest iron upgrade
Bottlehead Paramount 300B monoblocks running AKG K1000s
and hopefully we will have completed and be able to unveil a new headphone amp kit prototype, tentatively code named Smack.
I'll also throw in my HD600s with Cardas cables, but I'm hoping that attendees will be wanting to plug their own cans into the various amps and comparing notes.

I may also bring some not quite complete experimental headphones that I have been working on, for static display.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #396 of 527
Thanks. I wasn't sure how it was going to be received. If someone wants I could also bring Season 1-4 of Doctor Who, all episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and alot of other movies. There all in full quality dvd rip iso format ranging from 5-8gb.

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #398 of 527
FREE WI-FI in the Lobby.

ONE (Wired or Wireless) IP Address in ou area would be at least $200.

Picked up the NuForce gear that I didn't mind being responsible for:
  1. Icon HDP
  2. Icon Amp
  3. u-DAC2
  4. Icon Mobile (Mine)

(Not sure where I will park it yet, until the meet...)

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #400 of 527
How many people were in attendance at Can Jam last year? This meet has to be getting close to that many people.

Oh and Thanks CEETEE for getting the Wi-fi organized!

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #402 of 527
Hi All,

This may be a good time to share that I have gotten a lot of help and advice from some meet veterans and some very kind Head-Fiers behind the scenes...thanks should go to them as well!

Not sure if some of the veterans of meets (Bay Area and otherwise) that have been helping me wish to be named...I may ask them so they can have some credit too. 
redface.gif

But, I also need to point out that it was certainly much easier to hold the meet at the Doubletree because they have already worked with Voltron (Al) in the past and he always knew how to handle things.

Therefore: it has been my pleasure + it has been the work of the people that have done this before us + there has been some real support behind the scenes + you will all make it a great event this Saturday!

Cheers,
CEE TEE

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #404 of 527
already replied to pm that i'll be there. i may bring 1-2 friends. dunno if i'll stay all day as i've got to take some other friends to the chinese new year parade in SF later that day.

gear i can bring:

1. cowon s9
2. ibasso d2 viper
3. grado sr225
4. darthbeyer deepcups
5. decware se84c i dunno if it works, but maybe someone there can figure it out =)

unfortunately, i have no spare powerstrips, and i can't seem to find my mini-to-mini ic, so if anyone wants to try the s9+d2viper combo they'll have to bring their own... or i'll try to borrow a generic cheapy one.

can't wait!

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #405 of 527
Alright I'm going for sure now.  I'll be bringing two setups:

Blue Hawaii - > Omega/Omega2/other electrostats

The Menace - > Bass light R10/LCD2/Thunderpants

Both rigs fed by Accuphase DP75

I'm driving up from LA on Friday and should arrive at the hotel in the afternoon...if anybody wants to come by my room and listen to music or hang out let me know via PM.  This should be a fun meet, can't wait. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back