Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #274 of 527
I don't think there can be too much variety. Rhythmdevils, please do bring your Sextett -- I've owned two different K240s but not that one and am curious. And I'm sure most tables would be happy to host the K340 for general delectation. But do I really want to find out that I need one of those?

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #275 of 527
I'm pumped. All sanitation jokes aside, how long does it take to get over a hypothetical case of strep. 
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #277 of 527
Thank you renlute and Shane55 for your birthday wishes!!!

It was a PHENOMENAL birthday and it has also been one of the BEST starts to a year that I have EVER had.  Seriously.

And- this meet contributes to that!

Sorry for a "few-day hiatus"...some celebrations + the California sunshine + the Super Bowl = less Head-Fi for just a little bit...

WAIT: I'm away for a couple of days and now you guys are trying to sneak in "headphone hair nets"?!!?

Trying to get away with a technicality?  Busted.

Okay, you guys with the shower caps- keep it on the down-low.  (We're trying to build street-cred here.)

Those of you who have just checked in or have requested some real estate, no prob.  I will get to it soon...Tuesday night at the latest.

Oh, someone please remind me to contact NuForce again and then go pick up some gear for us to borrow...  

Ummm, is it the 19th yet???

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #278 of 527

Quote:
There will always be room at my half a table. If you leave stuff there, just be available to help babysit! My headroom amp likes the volume turned all the way down when switching cans.

I have a habit of turning my volume knob all the way down before switching cans too. lol. I think it's more of an OCD thing than that I really think something might be damaged.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #279 of 527
Request...

There is a fellow Headphoneus Supremus in Berkeley who needs a ride. He's just way out of my way, or I would do the kind deed.
eek.gif

Can anyone in the East Bay do this??

PM me for details.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #280 of 527

Quote:
There will always be room at my half a table. If you leave stuff there, just be available to help babysit! My headroom amp likes the volume turned all the way down when switching cans.

same here: if someone wants to hook their cans to my setup (half of table 17) in exchange of some babysitting time, they are most welcome. We can also arrange some source/amp rolling (PM me if interested). I will bring an Onix CD player as source, a Corda Opera amp/dac, and a Woo 3 with some sweet tubes, plus of course most of my cans
   Paolo

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #281 of 527
If it gets down to the line and some people REALLY need rides, I can possibly arrange a detour on the way down from Petaluma if you don't mind having an 18 year old chaperone. :)

I have two options on routes, East bay or through SF. I can't do both.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #283 of 527
I think there was someone earlier who wanted a ride from SF too. I just want to be clear I plan on being there early and staying ALL day. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #285 of 527
If you need a ride, you'll probably more likely get responses if you indicate your approximate location.

"South Bay" and "San Francisco" cover a lot of real estate, while "North Berkeley" or "The Castro" let the driver know how far out of his way he'd have to jog.

I think indicating time you'd like to arrive and leave would also be a factor. Are you willing to go/come anytime, or take BART or Caltrain back?

Consider also that the driver will have to pay about 10c/mile or more for gas plus roughly $2/hour for parking, or probably about $10-$12 for parking during the whole the event (see page 1 of this thread for parking rate breakdown).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back