Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Dec 27, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #76 of 527

I'm just curious to hear some. I'm looking at AKG 701's, HD 600's or something in that range for my next purchase. I figure I can have my money saved by February/March, and It would be perfect timing to try as many as I can :D

Quote:
 Hmm maybe I will :), I should have my Headphiled Sr325is's by then too. I just meant I wasn't going to bring my whole rig or anything, I'll leave that to the more experienced meet-goers with nicer gear :)

Quote:
Quote:
Count me in hopefully, though I don't plan on bringing any gear, maybe next time. This will be my first meet.

No HD600's? 

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #77 of 527
I am now confirmed - just had to check my schedule to make sure. 
smile.gif
 Can someone send me a PM a day or two before the event so I don't forget? I tend to get senile these days because of too much multi-tasking.

Quote:
Thanks CEE TEE for organizing this. Put me down as tentative for this event (work may get in the way)

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #83 of 527
Sounds fine to me! It couldn't hurt.

There may be an *ahem* entry fee. Maybe a giveaway? It would make a nice raffle prize or something.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #85 of 527
Yeah, MOT == member of the trade. I was at the Head-Fi meetup in Burlingame last year, actually right next to AMB. It's not clear to me from the first post if that's still a go at this meetup so I thought it best to ask. I'll wait for CEE TEE's word.

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #87 of 527
@WesMiaw:  MOTs are absolutely welcome, we are happy to have you...

I need to send some invitations out to some more vendors, I will try as soon as possible!

AMB has also said that he would attend and we're very excited about that.

In fact, if you and AMB would like to look at the diagram, I am going to try two rooms because of more space this time.  (1300 instead of 1000 sq. ft.)

One room should be more social and one a bit "quieter" to help with critical listening and open cans.

If you and AMB have a preference for location I can start with the two of you!

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #88 of 527
Fantastic !
A MEET with MOTs ! 
atsmile.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #89 of 527
Cool. :) I'd prefer the quieter room. Thanks!

Right now the plan would be to bring my D100 Mk2 DAC, the DNA Sonett headphone amp (single-ended), and a pair of Audeze LCD-2 cans (stock cables).

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #90 of 527
CeeTee,
I noticed you have not updated the attendance list recently.  It appears there may be only room for 40 or so people if each person who wants to show uses only 1/2 table (some probably need a whole table).  It might be nice to see how many attendees there are now, and how many want to show some gear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back