Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #32 of 527

Quote:
Hi daigo, 

I see in your inventory a ELEKIT TU-882AS. Could you do me a favor and bring it, I sold mine and want to hear it again...

Best,

Sure thing.  I'll just bring my set up, but I'll likely need a computer source as I don't have a lap top. 

Quote:
Quote:
I live maybe 10 minutes from that location so I'll try to attend. 

Not sure if I should bother bringing any of set up since it's pretty commonly available stuff, but looking forward to experiencing new gear and maybe pick up the upgrade itch again. 

Bring your HD650s and come come listen to 10,000 days on my setup!

I was considering just bringing the HD650 since I almost exclusively use those at home now.  While I'm happy with my set up, I'm open to trying new things :p

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #33 of 527
If work permits i might attend.
Seeing as how i am new to this and a "Jr. Headfier"
i don't have much to offer :[

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #34 of 527
Does anyone have Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR cable? I returned them back to Frank, but I would like to listen and compare cables once more.

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #36 of 527
Oh, we're supposed to post what we think we'll bring.  Is this to make a list, just in case things go missing?  In any case, I think I'll bring:

Belkin Power Conditioner
Audio GC Reference 3
Electrocompaniet ECD1
RSA Raptor
HD800 (?)

I normally use a squeezebox for music, but it would be great if someone could provide a source, since I don't want to bring more things than I can move around easily.  I think this is actually more than I can move around easily, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense if it didn't work.  If someone has a spare HD800 or similar headphone, that would be great, and I could leave mine at home, to lighten my load.  I think what we may want to consider, if you don't want to showcase your system or something, is teaming up on components, and setting up systems with it.  That would minimize the amount of equipment each individual has to bring.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #37 of 527
I'm new to meets and some vets have suggested that it is more "organic" than what I thought I would have to "organize."

So- if you don't really have anything to bring, no problem.  (A meet is a great way to find out what you might like.)

If you are bringing duplicates, great.  (Maybe more than one person at a given time wants to hear something.)

If you just can't carry that much or keep track of it, okay...thank you for sharing what you do have (and can bring).

Cheers! 

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #39 of 527
I'll bring:

Audez'e LCD-2
Grado HP-1
AKG K1000 (equinox hard-wired)

Red Wine Isabellina HPA (LFP-V version)
Red Wine 30.2
AudioValve RKV mk-II (w/ OPA627 mod)
Wadia i170

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #40 of 527
@ bobcn.
I am SO hanging out at your table! 
wink_face.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #42 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55
I am SO hanging out at your table! 
wink_face.gif

Thanks, but if some of the Bay Area's heavy hitters show up my gear will pale by comparison.

In addition to the new gear I hope to hear, I'm also hoping to get another listen to some of the exotic gear I've heard at previous meets:

- Wonderfully musical 300b tube amps (foo_me's Zanden, voltron's Air Tight)
- Otherworldly sources (neilvg's EMM stack, ironbutt's Bottlehead tape deck playing master tapes)
- Exotic cans (neilvg's Orpheus, all flavors of Stax)
- World class DIY gear (Frank Cooter's DIY headphone amp is quite possibly the finest headphone amp on the planet)

If mikeymad shows up with 30 year old Macallan I'll be hanging out at his table!
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #43 of 527
OK, new thread.  I'm in Cee Tee.  :)

I have a request that if anyone out there has RS2i's, I'd love to hear them.

At this point, I would bring my current favorites:

Grado HF2 (recent batch)
Grado SR225i
Alessandro MS2i
AKG K240 MP Sextett
Beyer DT880/250
Audio Technica AD900

I can bring my USB/DAC/amps, but I don't have a laptop to hook them up to.  Audio-gd Sparrow and Aune Mini Mk II.

Not sure what else I'll have in Feb to bring.

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #45 of 527
@ Kevin Brown - What version of the Sparrow do you own? I have the B version, and I would like to hear the A with upgraded chip. 
biggrin.gif

Looks like I will be attending. I will bring Sparrow, modded T50RP, and FA003. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back