Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Dec 2, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 527
Put me in the attending column 

Equipment list will provide later... but pretty much a combo of my Sig....

Thanks CEE TEE

Cheers,
Mikey

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 527

Quote:
Put me in the attending column 

Equipment list will provide later... but pretty much a combo of my Sig....

Thanks CEE TEE

Cheers,
Mikey

That includes the Macallan, right? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 527
Since we will have 1300 square feet instead of 1000 like the last meet, I have asked to use an "airwall" to separate the space into TWO AREAS:

1.  "The Den"
2.  "The Listening Library"   Shhhh....

EDIT:  A veteran kindly informed me that speaker set-ups are too difficult to do unless they are in a dedicated room separate from the headphone areas...but thank you for offering!

Quote:
Hoping to attend, as I'm often riding in the Amb rocket to the event. :) My only qualms are............will there be a speaker friendly listening room at least for 4 hours?, because I should have a pair of home built speakers finished and dialed in by then. If so..............

the ubiquitous HP laptop > the venerable gamma2 > the not to shabby t-amp > my new home built 2-way towers

I don't want to annoy though. :)

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #19 of 527
just to confirm that I plan to be there. I'll bring
Headphones:
1)  AKG K340 (not the earphones) recabled and modded
2)  AKG K701
3)  Beyer T1

Amps:
1) Corda Opera
2) Woo 3 with some tubes to roll

Source:
Onix XCD-88 modded

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #20 of 527
Just want to thank everyone so far for their enthusiasm, encouragement, support, and some real guidance...  

(On the threads and in PMs.)

It actually has been pretty easy and fun, because of your help + I've got headphones on while organizing it 
beyersmile.png
 !

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #24 of 527
I live maybe 10 minutes from that location so I'll try to attend. 

Not sure if I should bother bringing any of set up since it's pretty commonly available stuff, but looking forward to experiencing new gear and maybe pick up the upgrade itch again. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #26 of 527
The bay area meet from last year (February 2010) was my first meet and it was a great experience. I'm hoping to make it again. So far I plan on bringing in stock Denon AH-D5000. I will post the rest of the equipment list later. I am very interested in listening to the PS Audio DLIII w/L4 mods. I hope to see you there, mikemalter!

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #27 of 527

Quote:
The bay area meet from last year (February 2010) was my first meet and it was a great experience. I'm hoping to make it again. So far I plan on bringing in stock Denon AH-D5000. I will post the rest of the equipment list later. I am very interested in listening to the PS Audio DLIII w/L4 mods. I hope to see you there, mikemalter!

Zone,

This will be my first meet, so I really interested in experiencing one.  Looking forward to meeting you too.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #28 of 527

Quote:

Not sure if I should bother bringing any of set up since it's pretty commonly available stuff, but looking forward to experiencing new gear and maybe pick up the upgrade itch again. 

Hi daigo, 

I see in your inventory a ELEKIT TU-882AS. Could you do me a favor and bring it, I sold mine and want to hear it again...

Best,

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #29 of 527

Quote:

Bring your HD650s and come come listen to 10,000 days on my setup!

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #30 of 527
I know I've got some time off in February, but I am unsure of the dates. I am considering going, but I have to wait and see if it will be convenient...

I would bring my T50RP, and FA003. I could also bring my source/dac/amp (macbook/AudioGD Sparrow/vintage receiver), if you guys wanted another listening station. If I didn't bring my entire rig would anyone be willing to host my headphones for others to demo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back