Bay Area 11/30 Meet Impressions!
Dec 2, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #31 of 61
I am so pissed off that I missed this meet. What a weekend to be sick on. At least I didn't get sick next week during finals. I was planning on bringing The Two Towers: extended edition, so we all could watch it (or part of it) on Bob's system
frown.gif
It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time! Oh well, maybe next time.

Dec 3, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by gswpete
Ditto
frown.gif

There were so many things there I wanted to try out.

Ditto. I spent 4 hours rebuilding my friends damn PC instead of being out having fun....

Note to self: Don't build or work on PC's for family or friends in the future, they then expect free unlimited support when they fudge it up themselves.............
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #37 of 61
Thanks for the meet impressions, fellas.

My sincere apologies to you all for not including this meet's announcement on the front page of Head-Fi. I hope it didn't affect your attendance negatively. I was contacted via PM by at least one or two of you for the announcement, and I just dropped the ball on this one. Again, I'm very sorry, guys.

Dec 3, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #38 of 61
To all that attended:

Due to miscommunication between myself and Ivy, I was not aware that we were to pay the return shipping on the HeadRoom loaners. It seems to be a familiar policy to the old timers, but new to me.

Ivy was kind enough to pick up the return shipping. Thanks! But...

If anyone is willing to pitch in for the shipping, you could send Ivy a thank-you contribution. My guess is that about $5 per person would cover it.

Better still, find some product from them to buy (the price of the HD650 is damn good!).

Dec 3, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Thanks for the meet impressions, fellas.

My sincere apologies to you all for not including this meet's announcement on the front page of Head-Fi. I hope it didn't affect your attendance negatively. I was contacted via PM by at least one or two of you for the announcement, and I just dropped the ball on this one. Again, I'm very sorry, guys.

No problem Jude, attendance was plenty, it's mostly due to people having last minute event to attend to that some people were not able to make it
smily_headphones1.gif

There's *always* next time
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #40 of 61
Anyone tried the CD3000 paired with the Grace 901, i was curious on how the hell this combo will sound the Grace seems to be a fine amp.....not too much info about it here....

Dec 4, 2003 at 2:24 AM Post #42 of 61
Hi all:
It was a pleasure to have such a congenial and communicative company here. I think there was more talk and exchange at this meet than any others I've been to, people were just talking away. I came down with "The Cold" just after the meet. It's a nasty bug that just flattens you to the bed for a few days.-Still loaded up with antihistamines, cough syrup and DVD's, not a bad life really! Just let me know if I get too spacey or rambly. Thanks to Ivy and HeadRoom for their generosity both ways! Just got the new Xin SuperMicro with the 8620 op amp in the mail. It didn't make in time for the meet I guess. It comes with a with a nice little surprise—Bass boost; all that and Bass Boost! A little subwoofer in there! Sounds nice out of the bag, slightly sibilant, but with a little burn-in, that'll probably go away. Quite significantly better than the prototype I had before. I would have liked to compare it with the TAH prototype we had there. My favorite amp at this meet was gpalmer's Sugden as well. I have heard a stock one before and it didn't sound like this one at all, that Carlo really knows what he's doing with those mods. Yes, I will get my 650's from HeadRoom they sounded great! Nice and balanced. Wonder how the Zu Mobious would sound with those? The Zu was my favorite hphone cable of the day through the 580's though, very sweet treble, nice air and Bass through my MPX3. Very sharp looking, too! If only they fit the 650's. I'm getting a set for my 580's anyway. I need to sign off now.

PS:
Chinchy:
I think that was just someone thumping their foot against a table or something and got into the mix!

Dec 4, 2003 at 5:01 AM Post #43 of 61
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the meet...meeting and talking with the people there was great, and you couldn't complain about the calibre or quantity of the equipment there either. Bob was a great host and has a really cool place, not to mention a great home theater setup.

Bob, I hope you didn't catch your cold from me, as I was just getting over one. As a result my head and ears weren't totally clear and probably missed out on some sonic details.

I was surpised how similar the PPA and Gilmore V2SE sounded, particularly given their very different design. I wished I had brought my Sugden to compare to the Carlos mod. My opinion of the Senn 650 seemed to be similar to most other people. I was impressed by the build of the Grace, and it sounded good too but I didn't do any extensive comparisons. Many of the other things I had heard before, but I really enjoyed meeting new headfiers and seeing ones I had met before. Time flew. Great meet.

Dec 6, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #44 of 61
Whew! I think the worst of this bug is over—had my first real meal this morning since last Sunday, and actually walked a few blocks to the restaurant without being sapped.

Kurt:
Don't worry, the gestation period was 2-3 days for this so it had to have been sometime last Friday or so. Glad to see you were there on Sunday though.

eighteen_psi:
Did you say you were hosting the photos, I still haven't look through what I have, I will soon and want to know how to get them to you

Dec 6, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #45 of 61
Whew! I think the worst of this bug is over—had my first real meal this morning since last Sunday, and actually walked a few blocks to the restaurant without being sapped.

Kurt:
Don't worry, the gestation period was 2-3 days for this so it had to have been sometime last Friday or so. Glad to see you were there on Sunday though.

eighteen_psi:
Did you say you were hosting the photos, I still haven't looked through what I have, I will soon and want to know how to get them to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back