Battlefield 4
Dec 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #47 of 329
  Any PS4 battlevets in here?

I would love to squad up with some of you and kick some behind with all of us using our superior headphones...
cool.gif

Yep, played beta, played ps3 bf4 until last Thursday. Now I've got a new PS4 and play BF4 with a bunch of the guys from Reddit.http://www.reddit.com/r/bfvoip/ (subreddit for players that use in game VOIP, playing all forms of Battlefield). Some of the guys are on BF3 PS3, some on BF4 PS3, and a handfull on BF4 PS4. Play with guys from Merica, Canadia, England, Aus, NZ, Finland, and that one guy in the middle east somewhere (I should know this). Just hit lvl 50 yesterday. 

Now, to get my nice set of cans working properly with my PS4 (or even my crappy set of cans). 

PSN = BigEyeBri 

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #48 of 329
Put quite a few hours into it now and thought I would share some thoughts (playing on PC):

Honestly I'm starting to enjoy it more and more. A big part of that is due to not having the game crash (or a server crash) on me in over a week, so for me stability is much improved. I can now get stuck into actually learning maps, weapons, and vehicles.

There are still issues, hit detection is an ongoing gripe for me. For the last couple nights I've been trying to unlock all the shotguns and I lost count of how many times I went around a corner, shot someone point blank in the chest, and then proceed to get gunned down by the same person who took no damage... Not to say shotguns are broken, I've found them extremely useful in TDM/domination (Saiga 12K + full choke is extremely effective in tight corridors/close range) but the lag compensation (or netcode or whatever the correct term is) is still definitely sub par when compared to the current state of BF3.

As for the current state of game balance, there is some work that needs to be done. Chiefly, the mobile AA. I played a round a couple nights ago on Atai Range HC Conquest and decided to jump in the AA for a bit. I practically locked down the enemy air and thanks to the Zuni rockets, even tanks and LAVs weren't very hard to take down. Really needs a range reduction on the primary cannon since as it stands, it's basically a mobile anti vehicle sniper platform. 

The attack boats are also somewhat OP as they seem to be able to soak a lot of damage and with the burst cannon and TV missile, can really dish damage out as well. I think a reduction in armour (or maybe just being easier to disable) and possibly longer reload times for the primary cannon would help balance things out a bit.

MBT seems fine, similar to what I remember the BF3 was like. LAV is also pretty similar from what I can gather. Jeeps are ridiculously fragile now, or at least it seems that way to me. Bikes are a better way to zip around imo.

As for air vehicles, I can't really comment since I can't fly for crap. I think the choppers are more responsive/easier to fly but I'm still pretty horrible. I have found that the little birds seem a bit OP, especially when they have an engineer or two repairing them. Apparently the transport choppers can also be a pain to take down though honestly I haven't run into many issues with them.

For infantry weapons, almost everything appears to have had a recoil or spread reduction when compared to BF3. Assault rifles are still, for the most part, the best weapons in the game. ACE 23 is a popular choice (I prefer the M416 purely based on looks), haven't run with it much but it seems decent. Carbines are good, so good in fact that they makes many other class specific weapons redundant imo. Haven't quite figured out where the SMG's factor in yet, they have very high ROF/good hip fire so obviously good in close quarters but I still find carbines to be preferable in most situations. LMG's are ok, nothing special apart from large ammo capacity and suppression. I have had some pretty good rounds with them though (PKP and Type 88 are both good) and the accuracy of LMG's in general seems to be better than BF3. Sniper rifles are decent, reasonably powerful (one hit kill on hardcore...) and seem to feel better in general compared to BF3.

DMR's are the biggest let down to be honest. Weak, low ROF, and bad recoil. Was trying to unlock them all but gave up, I just couldn't find the right situation for them. If you want something accurate at medium range then an assault rifle with a barrel modifier and potato grip/stubby grip is all you need. Sniper rifles are much more effective at long range, and up close practically everything out guns the DMR. SKS seems somewhat useable thanks to it's ok recoil and higher ROF but still not what I would call very effective.

Bugs wise, I'm still being hit by the no audio bugs on a regular basis. Pretty damn annoying to be honest. Not sure if the latest patch fixed the one hit kill bug (gonna wait for some analysis on that). Still sometimes have issues when trying to join matches (get halfway through loading a level then drop out...). And that's it for the most part (excluding hit detection).

All in all, more enjoyable, but far from perfect.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #49 of 329
Some brief thoughts on the China Rising DLC:

Altai range is ok, mobile AA tends to dominate as air vehicles have no real place to hide (though that's pretty much the case on any map with mobile AA). Also the central peak on that map tends to be a sniper haven (similar to the hillsides in Kharg Island), especially on HC. 3 basic lanes with a central cap point (I believe it has the bomber station there).

Silk Road is pretty much a ground vehicles based map, lots of tanks and LAV's. Pretty bland terrain but it does make it fairly easy to spot enemies. Haven't really played much CQ on this map (mostly TDM to try and unlock all the shotguns).

Dragon Pass is fun, lot's of crazy vehicle and infantry action to be had. A lot of good places for ambushing, mobile AA seems to be less effective on this map (a lot of things for air vehicles to hide behind). Water pathways are good for the initial push but become death traps as the game progresses (at least that's been my experience). One thing to look out for on this map is bridges, I've seen a lot of people get stuck/fall off the narrow bridges and just abandon their vehicles (which means they don't respawn...). 

Guilin Peaks seems a lot more infantry based than the other maps. CQ is very hectic if both teams are decent, a lot of back and forth capturing and easy egress to most points (cave capture point is annoying to take but hit it from two or three sides at once and it's pretty easy). You really need to keep an eye open on this map as it's very easy to get flanked.

Still haven't unlocked all the weapons from China Rising yet. I think the only one I've actually got is the MTAR. Pretty average, high ROF, bad accuracy and recoil. Definitely a CQ weapon.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #50 of 329
Getting frame drops since yesterday's patch. No problems before that. Game wise, not digging the CR maps, too open and large. Would like to see the MBT law and airburst taken out of the game, worst of the nooby weapons IMO.

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #51 of 329
Getting frame drops since yesterday's patch. No problems before that. Game wise, not digging the CR maps, too open and large. Would like to see the MBT law and airburst taken out of the game, worst of the nooby weapons IMO.

I haven't encountered too many people spamming the airburst to be honest. Definitely never considered it to be OP or anything, plus it makes it a heck of a lot easier to take out campers way up on rooftops (Floodzone, Zavod, Shanghai, Dawnbreaker, and Hainan are all rife with them, especially on obliteration).

I will agree that the MBT Law is a pain. Same with the active radar missles, those are pretty annoying. My current gripes are with the SUAV and incendiary grenades (they have a huge damage radius and you can still get hit through walls and floors). 

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #53 of 329
I die more in BF4 because there's so much random bull$&!t that can kill you like people flying paper airplanes into your head

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #59 of 329
DMR's are the biggest let down to be honest. Weak, low ROF, and bad recoil. Was trying to unlock them all but gave up, I just couldn't find the right situation for them. If you want something accurate at medium range then an assault rifle with a barrel modifier and potato grip/stubby grip is all you need. Sniper rifles are much more effective at long range, and up close practically everything out guns the DMR. SKS seems somewhat useable thanks to it's ok recoil and higher ROF but still not what I would call very effective.[
i felt the same way at first about DMRs, but after I added the angled grip, x4 ACOG, and laser to the Mod11 I began to excel with the rifle. After getting the recoil compensation down its a killing machine with high rate of kills in medium & long rage, with the laser to give you a semi-accurate close range targeting also. I go 3:1 k/d normally with the mod11, one of my favorite guns now.

I die more in BF4 because there's so much random bull$&!t that can kill you like people flying paper airplanes into your head
Gota duck!! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back