Battlefield 4
Oct 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #16 of 329
  Aight. Played the beta on PC for about two hours and boy is-it-beta! Bad performance like you've said but also just unimpressed with what I've seen and heard: dull colors, a slight cartoonish look, disengaging voice-messages. A big meh for now and definitely back to BF3.

I saw the game play and a bit disappointed too. I played MW3 and the texture looks pretty nice, but the physics in BF3 is better. I was hoping BF4's texture will look very realistic...

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 329
Battlefield 4: Dolby headphone, CMS3-3D Headphone or SBZ Studio? Which one are you using?

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #19 of 329
Dolby Headphone - don't like SBZ surround personally.

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #20 of 329
Ethan - care to say why you dislike SBZ Studio? At least for BF4 anyway.

Can see you're feeding your SBZ from your line out into your amp. You must know by now that using headphones and an amp this way doesn't work properly surely: it's meant for speakers and doesn't model headphone surround sound properly. I mean no offence.

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 329
Ethan - care to say why you dislike SBZ Studio? At least for BF4 anyway.

Can see you're feeding your SBZ from your line out into your amp. You must know by now that using headphones and an amp this way doesn't work properly surely: it's meant for speakers and doesn't model headphone surround sound properly. I mean no offence.

None taken. I tried SBZ surround from the headphone output. I just couldn't tell where anything was positioned with it. YMMV

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #22 of 329
Thanks for answering Ethan.

Does it work, even reasonably, from the line outs to your amp? Sure stereo works OK but am surprised surround is so crap for you.

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #23 of 329
Thanks for answering Ethan.

Does it work, even reasonably, from the line outs to your amp? Sure stereo works OK but am surprised surround is so crap for you.

I haven't tried it over line out, I tested it on the headphone out a while ago.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #24 of 329
With your Project Starlight (double amping) out of the headphone out, or the X1 straight out?

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #25 of 329
With your Project Starlight (double amping) out of the headphone out, or the X1 straight out?

X1 straight out

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #26 of 329
Ethan - you sure you're not liking it because you're using the RCA outs as opposed to the headphone out? From what I've gleaned, the HRTF algorithms in RCA mode are solely based on speakers, unlike the old Titanium HD which could do both speaker and CMSS-3D headphone output with the RCA outs.

I'm sure it's great for music though.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #27 of 329
Ethan - you sure you're not liking it because you're using the RCA outs as opposed to the headphone out? From what I've gleaned, the HRTF algorithms in RCA mode are solely based on speakers, unlike the old Titanium HD which could do both speaker and CMSS-3D headphone output with the RCA outs.

I'm sure it's great for music though.

Lol, Sal I think you have to let this one go. I used the 3.5mm headphone out to test it, not RCA. I don't think my version even has RCA, I'd have to check. I'm not the only one that prefers DH, look at MLE's thread. Some people like one, some another, it doesn't mean that any of them are bad.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #29 of 329
I don't think Bf4 is all that..bf3 is the better game..still playing bf4 because I am used to playing online with friends, but it's a bit of a check your kill cam to see where I was shot from game!  I like this map Rogue transmission..i think it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back