Battlefield 3
Nov 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #92 of 106
I play mostly MW3 because I only play as a team.  None of them like BF3 except one of them.  I like both games but the flashlights piss me off.  I don't really like the machines in the game also but whatever.  I'll mine them, C4 them or rocket them.  In MW3... I am hardly coming across noobtoobing.  Idk...I haven't felt any "team" effort while playing BF3... just the same old camping and running to the next target.  In fact... idk.... maybe its just me but people camp way harder in BF3 than MW3.  But in any case.. I enjoy both games.  Both have their quarks.  

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #93 of 106

Quote:
I play mostly MW3 because I only play as a team.  None of them like BF3 except one of them.  I like both games but the flashlights piss me off.  I don't really like the machines in the game also but whatever.  I'll mine them, C4 them or rocket them.  In MW3... I am hardly coming across noobtoobing.  Idk...I haven't felt any "team" effort while playing BF3... just the same old camping and running to the next target.  In fact... idk.... maybe its just me but people camp way harder in BF3 than MW3.  But in any case.. I enjoy both games.  Both have their quarks.  

That's ironic. In BF3, it's either sticking with your team or getting beaten alone. I think it's just unfortunate you ran into a bad team. I played COD and everyone is running randomly in their own direction.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #94 of 106
Ya most times I've played BF3 play seemed like MW3 type of play.  Every one rushes off to a machine and than just picks off people to get ranked up while the guys who missed the boat swims or needs to re-spawn on a team mate who just is getting shot at and I get put right in front of him and get killed....lol  I don't mind it its just funny when it happens.  The only thing I've seen different... and maybe its just the people I've played with but, between both games I've had more communication on MW3 than BF3.  I think I only heard a couple of people speak but they were grumbling that no one was helping and just running around randomly... and this was on BF3...lol.  But I think it all depends who your playing with.  Since most of my friends are playing MW3 mostly.. I play with them and we all private chat... even through we can hear everyone else it doesn't bother me.  We are all on the same team and we do very well.  Funny thing too is, on my friends list, there are only about 2 people that play BF3 often.  Mostly MW3.  
frown.gif

Quote:
That's ironic. In BF3, it's either sticking with your team or getting beaten alone. I think it's just unfortunate you ran into a bad team. I played COD and everyone is running randomly in their own direction.

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #95 of 106

Quote:

you run and gun in MW3 more than anything - just like in MW2 = you die within 30seconds.

"same old camping" in BF3?
I agree there is some camping but SAME OLD?

What other BF game have you ever played?
Every other BF game I've played (5star vet) has had little to no camping.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #96 of 106
I played BF2 and bad company 2.  A lot of snipers.  I guess its all who you play with.  In MW3 our team plays like a team.  If I was alone than ya its run and gun but its like that to in BF3 when I play alone.  I'd rather play with friends and collaborate while playing like we do in MW3.  

Quote:
you run and gun in MW3 more than anything - just like in MW2 = you die within 30seconds.

"same old camping" in BF3?
I agree there is some camping but SAME OLD?

What other BF game have you ever played?
Every other BF game I've played (5star vet) has had little to no camping.

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #97 of 106

Quote:
I just saw you have the EX700's and the westone ES5 = how do they compare by interest?

A different league? or not worth the money?
I'm not thinking of customs at all, just wondering. 

ES5 is quite a bit superior in terms of detail and coherency but I wouldn't say different league.  EX700 though is so sibilant sometimes that it has to be EQ to be listenable, and then you lose detail and sense of air.  It also has some coherency issues with lower midrange also.  I have to test EX1000 someday though.

RE BF3 I am just starting to notice the hitbox issues - very annoying after how sorted BC2 was.  I really like the weapon handling but the sniping is pretty different to BC2 - some of the scope crosshairs are dumb, and I'm finding it impossible to hit anything past 25M (yet I am Godlike at adjusting for range in BC2).  Maybe its learning curve, maybe the sniping is just cr4p.

RE Camping in BF3 yes it is very bad - but thats down to some of the maps especially the urban ones that just get tied up in choke points.  IME the gameplay in BC2 was is much more fluid and flexible.  We don't all HAVE to play BF3 and MW3 cos they're new.

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #98 of 106

Quote:
ES5 is quite a bit superior in terms of detail and coherency but I wouldn't say different league.  EX700 though is so sibilant sometimes that it has to be EQ to be listenable, and then you lose detail and sense of air.  It also has some coherency issues with lower midrange also.  I have to test EX1000 someday though.

RE BF3 I am just starting to notice the hitbox issues - very annoying after how sorted BC2 was.  I really like the weapon handling but the sniping is pretty different to BC2 - some of the scope crosshairs are dumb, and I'm finding it impossible to hit anything past 25M (yet I am Godlike at adjusting for range in BC2).  Maybe its learning curve, maybe the sniping is just cr4p.

RE Camping in BF3 yes it is very bad - but thats down to some of the maps especially the urban ones that just get tied up in choke points.  IME the gameplay in BC2 was is much more fluid and flexible.

wow ES5's not huge difference?
I'll never be buying customs then :)!

EX700's weren't good IMO - nice punchy/tight bass, but apart from that highs killed my ears.

In terms of BF3 = sniping, is REALLY different...I especially hate how a .50 cal bullet can't kill within 1 hit at point black, but instead take 80% health...what sort of BS is that.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #99 of 106
You guys may have your Modern Warfares and Battlefields but I will forever always LOVE my Team Fortress 2 with all max settings and pull out a perfect 70+ FPS :) Perfect x16 anti liasing, GREAT HUMOR, something which both of those games lack, creative art style and it's simply funner imo, you guys are lucky, they made it a FREE game so that it may be the best free game the world has ever seen, try it out, you'll heavily enjoy it :) also has literally more than 10,000 maps due to user creation/modes etc. Weapons are from bats with baseballs to flamethrowers to bow and arrow with the sniper class...:D:D:D:D

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #100 of 106
Anyone figure out the native bit and sampling rate of the in-game mix?

I'd like to set my windows setting to the same.

Also, Home Cinema vs. Hi-fi vs. Headphone mode for use with good stereo headphones?

Looking for best positional audio possible.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #101 of 106
I've wanted to try that game.  

Quote:
You guys may have your Modern Warfares and Battlefields but I will forever always LOVE my Team Fortress 2 with all max settings and pull out a perfect 70+ FPS :) Perfect x16 anti liasing, GREAT HUMOR, something which both of those games lack, creative art style and it's simply funner imo, you guys are lucky, they made it a FREE game so that it may be the best free game the world has ever seen, try it out, you'll heavily enjoy it :) also has literally more than 10,000 maps due to user creation/modes etc. Weapons are from bats with baseballs to flamethrowers to bow and arrow with the sniper class...:D:D:D:D

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #102 of 106

Sapphire HD6870
AMD Fx6100 3.3ghz Hex Core with N520 running around 3.7 possibly up to 4.0
16gb 1333mHz Corsair
64gb Samsung SSD
750w Cooler Master PSU

What kind of FPS can I expect?

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #103 of 106

Quote:

Sapphire HD6870
AMD Fx6100 3.3ghz Hex Core with N520 running around 3.7 possibly up to 4.0
16gb 1333mHz Corsair
64gb Samsung SSD
750w Cooler Master PSU

What kind of FPS can I expect?

Should be fine as long as your monitor isn't too big, but you may have to turn settings down.  In my current setup this looks about the same as BC2.

On another topic I really hate the sniper nerfing - in BC2 you stood a chance at close range if you could get a clean chest shot; in BF3 you need a headshot which is ridiculously hard to snapshoot. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #105 of 106
Google ftw: 

To continue my sniper nerfing rant though: its a bit lame that anyone can rape a sniper if they get within 10Meters - its clearly just pandering to noobs who cant snipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back