Battery almost dead in 4G iMod
Aug 11, 2007 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I bought a 4th Generation iMod on here a few months ago and the battery was OK ...

Then it started to crap out after only a few hours.

Is there any way to replace the battery in this thing or am I screwed?

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 21
If you bought it from here meaning FS board, then you need to get an aftermarket battery and arrange with Vinnie to see if he will replace it for you.

iMod warranty (question - transferrable or not?) is void if you open the thing, apparently.

They're not terribly expensive.

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 21
All,

I don't care if you are the original iMod owner or not -- If you own a Red Wine Audio iMod, I will take care of it for you for life and I mean that. Just send me the iMod and the replacement battery (or the part that is defective) and I'll repair it at no cost.

If you attempt to open the iMod yourself, you will void your iMod warranty with me. There is very delicate wiring inside and it is easy to get into trouble if you don't know what you are doing. If you accidentially pull a pad off the motherboard, you will need a new motherboard and to have it modded again and this will get quite expensive. Save yourself the trouble and send me your iMod and replacement part(s) and I'll take care of you and give you a fast turn-around time too!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All,

I don't care if you are the original iMod owner or not -- If you own a Red Wine Audio iMod, I will take care of it for you for life and I mean that. Just send me the iMod and the replacement battery (or the part that is defective) and I'll repair it at no cost.

If you attempt to open the iMod yourself, you will void your iMod warranty with me. There is very delicate wiring inside and it is easy to get into trouble if you don't know what you are doing. If you accidentially pull a pad off the motherboard, you will need a new motherboard and to have it modded again and this will get quite expensive. Save yourself the trouble and send me your iMod and replacement part(s) and I'll take care of you and give you a fast turn-around time too!

Best regards,

Vinnie

I wish everyone stood by their products like this.
frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told you guys, Vinnie is dead serious about after sales support. And that has convinced me to stick to iMod all the way. Now I have my 3rd iMods (the previous two being dead - my own folly)

"X a lot". Thanks Vinnie!

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #9 of 21
Now.. this is the kind of thing that has convinced me to get an iMod.. I just need to get the money!
biggrin.gif

I mean.. We've all heard of good warranties before.. But for life? Transferable? Heck, if you found an iMod on the street (dunno what it's doing there, but your gain!) it seems Vinnie will take care of it for you. That's truly what breeds customer loyalty and support. Hat's off to Vinne and RWA.

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 21
Thanks, guys!

Keeping iMod customers happy also works in my favor as well. I see so many of you guys posting about your iMod experience (and I think about 99 out of 100 iMod customers love it!
wink.gif
), and all your feedback and support is VERY much appreciated! So if you ever need a new hard drive, battery, LCD, etc. installed in your iMod, just send me your iMod and the replacement part and I'll be happy to fix your iMod for you at no cost to you.

I can also help you find online stores that sell replacement parts, and sometimes you can get a good deal on eBay. I have lists of all the part numbers and you can find pretty much anything online just by typing in the part number in google. If you are not sure what is wrong with your iMod, send it to me to analyze and I'll let you know what I find. iMods don't come back to me too often, and if they do, most of the time it is just the battery that needs replacing.
biggrin.gif

Happy listening!

Vinnie

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care if you are the original iMod owner or not -- If you own a Red Wine Audio iMod, I will take care of it for you for life and I mean that. ...

If you attempt to open the iMod yourself, you will void your iMod warranty with me.

Out of interest, if someone opens up their iMod and voids their warranty, then sells the iMod to someone else, will the buyer be covered even though the seller wasn't? (Hypothetical question for now, until I have a serious look at the FS forum!).

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Flower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of interest, if someone opens up their iMod and voids their warranty, then sells the iMod to someone else, will the buyer be covered even though the seller wasn't? (Hypothetical question for now, until I have a serious look at the FS forum!).

In this case i would presume that the warranty is void.

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this case i would presume that the warranty is void.

This is correct.

As for buying replacement batteries, these seem to be very good: www.ipodjuice.com (I have no affiliation with them).

You can even have the battery shipped directly to me from them (so you don't have to pay shipping twice).

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #15 of 21
a small point, but since Vinnie is here - I might as well ask. When my iMod. was done - there was no RWA sticker or plate put on it. Does it matter if, for example, it comes into RWA for battery replacement or whatever in a year or two.......should owner then supply orig. invoice? What is the protocol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back