BassMe - Wearable Subwoofer
Dec 11, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #31 of 45
There is a separate manual called "Wireless 2 in 1 Music Receiver and Transmitter User Guide". The manual is only in English so the transmitter may not be available in your country
I don't think they would send the BT transmitter only to selected countries. The best would be to email them or to contact the company via their Facebook page, they are generally answering quite fast.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #32 of 45
The normal manual is also not in my language (german) I think. It's in french and english. So this could not be the problem here.
I already mentioned this on the KS site but they seem not to react there.
Since I'm not on Facebook I'll have to email them.

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #33 of 45
No Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for me either. There are three different lists of items that are supposed to be supplied: the Kickstarter reward list, the sleeve around the box and the manual all differ on details, and, as a matter of fact, I've received something else again. Aside from the device and the two holders, I've received 1 USB charging cable, a simple 3,5mm male <> 3.5mm male cable, a cable with builtin volume control as well as a thing not listed anywhere, a 2x female 3.5mm adapter to connect the cable and the volume control. No Y cable (listed on the sleeve), no bluetooth transmitter (listed on Kickstarter).

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #34 of 45
Aside from the device and the two holders, I've received 1 USB charging cable, a simple 3,5mm male <> 3.5mm male cable, a cable with builtin volume control as well as a thing not listed anywhere, a 2x female 3.5mm adapter to connect the cable and the volume control.
Yup, I got exactly the same content.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #35 of 45
It seems now that the Bassme connected to the Tactile Output of the Realiser A16 was not the cause of the problem. The tactile output is short circuit protected.

Still I want to know the input impedance of the amp in the Bassme.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #36 of 45
Contacted Studio Duroy regarding the bluetooth dongle yesterday via the contact form on http://bassme.fr/ and received a mail reply today:

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We will send you a bluetooth transmitter. What is your adress please.

Have a nice day
Cordialement,

Support Web BassMe

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #38 of 45
Today the bluetooth receiver/transmitter has arrived. I'm a bit surprised that it is a complete retail package:

bassme-txrx-IMG_20191227_000006~2a.jpg
bassme-txrx-IMG_20191227_000017~2a.jpg
bassme-txrx-IMG_20191227_000112~2a.jpg
bassme-txrx-IMG_20191227_000800~2a.jpg

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #39 of 45
So when is the bassme shipping to US destinations? I haven't received .a single word from them since shipping started. I am wondering whether that is normal.

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #40 of 45
So when is the bassme shipping to US destinations? I haven't received .a single word from them since shipping started. I am wondering whether that is normal.
I guess you should contact them, it’s surprising that you didn’t get anything... my understanding was that most of the orders were shipped already.

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #41 of 45
US, California here. I just got mine a few days ago.
......it works, I guess. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm certainly underwhelmed. If I could go back in time and suggest to myself not to get it, I would. It's a fun, novelty gimmick. But it hardly raises the enjoyment level of music.

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #42 of 45
I guess you should contact them, it’s surprising that you didn’t get anything... my understanding was that most of the orders were shipped already.
Well I contacted them on New Year's Day, but the item itself arrived yesterday, so I have to re-contact then again to say the unit has arrived.. It was actually shipped on November 30th from France, so the delay mainly happened within the post office transit systems of the two countries, and it is not clear to me which one of them was more responsible for the delay... But none of that is really important to me anymore, now that the unit has arrived...

What is important now is my seemingly utter lack of enthusiasm about it since it arrived, mainly because of some of the early impressions I have read... I have not even unboxed it in order to satisfy my curiosity about how it looks "en personne," but then again "curiosity" itself might be the problem, since I do not seem to have any left, about the unit

If something does not happen to change my present attitude and predisposition, my bassme is not going to be doing any bassing anywhere on my body any time soon, I'm afraid... Yet I really do not want it to re-live the fate of the two Yarra3d units that I backed. Do you know that those two Yarras are still sitting unboxed in a room corner in my house since they arrived? I never consciously planned to leave them idling that way. It's just the early user impressions that have killed all my enthusiasm about them. Now seeing them in the room corner just makes me sad. I am going to have to do something about them soon, one of these days

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #43 of 45
It seems that my Bassme suddenly stopped working yesterday!
I hope we do have some kind of warranty?
I'll try and see if it will work again over the next few days, if not, I'll contact Studio Duroy, hopefully they can send me a new one plus the BT transmitter I didn't get.

I actually did use the Bassme, in conjunction with my other transducer, the so called "I-beam" that is mounted to the back of my chair.
Bassme alone would not be satisfactory. But this was always my goal to add something on the chest to my "I-beam".

I removed the brace (they call it "ance", I think that's french) of the Bassme, I glued it to a thick plastic plate of 10x20 centimetres (wood will also do of course) and covered the plate with foam on the other side. I lay the plate with the foam side on my chest, that works because I don't sit straight up when listening to music or watching movies but more or less am nearly lying, so my chest has a 45 degr. angle or so.
You have to distribute the force onto a greater surface of your chest, otherwise the sensation is too local.
I connected it to the tactile out of the Realiser A16 and set up the lowpass filter to 80 Hz. Also I had to reduce the output volume very much to blend in together with my I-beam. That way it worked quite well.
The I-beam is controlled via a DSP to EQ-out the resonances etc. and that would be also the plan for the Bassme, to have better control over the frequency response.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #45 of 45
Would be great to hear from BassMe users and their experience. Recently got a SubPac S1 and couldn't be happier. Definitely one of the best purchases for my listening rig. The BassMe looks like a great portable solution. I'm concerned that the tactile impact will not be as distributed as it is with the SubPac (which can have the benefit of being in a chair).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back