BassMe - Wearable Subwoofer
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #17 of 45
Taken from the Headphone thead.

I got an email today with a tracking number for my BassMe unit ! I should get it on Monday... The KickStarter campaign finished in June, the estimated shipping date was November, so they respected their timeline, that's great !

I received a E-mail BassMe had started shipping. I have not received my tracking number yet, but not worried as it has to cross the channel.. As this is a French company it may take a little longer to receive mine.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #18 of 45
When I (try to) read (google translate) the first comments on KS (all in french...) of people who received their Bassme they don't seem that happy. Packaging seem to be not so good and they report massive delays at least via Bluetooth.
Maybe someone who speaks french (Fox?) could shed some more light on this?

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #19 of 45
Taken from Bassme Facebook page 26 Nov 2019
https://www.facebook.com/bassmeduroy/posts/550975432135915

BassMe
26 November at 06:08 ·

Merci à toutes et à tous pour votre soutien et votre patience

Sachez que tous vos colis partent de notre atelier cette semaine

Votre BassMe est à présent entre les mains de la petite camionnette jaune

Hâte de voir vos retours et tests avec vos BassMe
================================================
Google Translate to English:

BassMe
26 November at 06:08 am ·

Thank you all for your support and patience

Know that all your packages leave our workshop this week

Your BassMe is now in the hands of the yellow pickup truck

Looking forward to seeing your feedback and tests with your BassMe

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 45
ok. They didn't send an E-Mail for adress confirmation though.
They didn't ask me to confirm my address either and yet i received my unit nearly a month ago, but i guess it's normal. For the A16, they are sending an e-mail to get the address confirmed because KickStarter backers pledged for it more than 3 years ago...
The BassMe KS campaign closed less than 6 months ago. And backers can always update their address on their KS account.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #22 of 45
They didn't ask me to confirm my address either and yet i received my unit nearly a month ago, but i guess it's normal. For the A16, they are sending an e-mail to get the address confirmed because KickStarter backers pledged for it more than 3 years ago...
The BassMe KS campaign closed less than 6 months ago. And backers can always update their address on their KS account.

Hi @Fox1977, you have your unit since a month :-X Haven‘t received anything.
Do you care to let us know what your impressions are?

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #23 of 45
When i got the BassMe, I didn’t get a Wow! effect but I got used to it and i enjoy it, now. It’s not perfect though. The effect is only proportional to the general volume and cannot be set up yet. An app is supposed to come in 2020 to let users adjust some settings.
I don’t listen to music with headphones so I cannot say if it’s fine, but with movies it’s ok. It felt a bit too much at first, especially with voices when people talk (mostly men obviously) it vibrates, but with music in movies or explosions, gunshots or even someone pounding strong on a door, it’s quite enjoyable. When I turn it off, i feel quite a différence, like something is missing.

Maybe it’s better with a Subpac or some other device, I cannot compare (not the same price either though)

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 45
When i got the BassMe, I didn’t get a Wow! effect but I got used to it and i enjoy it, now. It’s not perfect though. The effect is only proportional to the general volume and cannot be set up yet. An app is supposed to come in 2020 to let users adjust some settings.
I don’t listen to music with headphones so I cannot say if it’s fine, but with movies it’s ok. It felt a bit too much at first, especially with voices when people talk (mostly men obviously) it vibrates, but with music in movies or explosions, gunshots or even someone pounding strong on a door, it’s quite enjoyable. When I turn it off, i feel quite a différence, like something is missing.

Maybe it’s better with a Subpac or some other device, I cannot compare (not the same price either though)

Thanks for the quick response. Good to know. I have a SubPac so I will test it also in comparison with it.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #25 of 45
Received it on Friday.
I just quote what I Just wrote on KS:
Backer no. 47, received mine last Friday. Everything seemed ok with delivery and packaging.
Packaging was ok, so maybe was improved over the first deliveries?
Also there's a small leaflet as a manual which explains all buttons and jacks.
This seems also to be improved, as first backers reported that they didn't know which jack is which.
BUT: The Bluetooth transmitter seems to be missing!!?
I have to look into the package again though maybe it's hidden somewhere?
I don't intend to use it with Bluetooth because of the heavy delay people reported but I will try it if had a transmitter. I'm using it with stationary gear which has no Bluetooth itself so I'd need the transmitter!!
With 3,5 mm cable it works so far without delay.

Now to what Reiner refers to:
There's a switch on the back of the device where you can set it to fullrange or lowpassed, I think. It's in the manual.
But even on low-pass it sends out frequencies as high as 400-500 Hz. So this is far too high. Should be limited to max. 150 Hz or so.
Since I use it with the Realiser A16 I connected it to the Tactile out, limited to 120 Hz. Much better.
The vibration should be distributed to a greater area. I immediately added some foam between the Bassme and my body. Next step was a CD cover (just what I immediately had at hand) with foam on both sides. A small wooden board would be better with foam on both sides.
When you lean back on your chair/sofa the Bassme is quite heavy on you chest. A greater surface between Bassme and your body would also help to distribute that weight.
Of course it needs the weight as a counter-force. Would in theorey even be better when strapped to the body...

So:
Lower lowpass filter
Greater surface that the vibration is distributed to
(Strap the thing to your chest...)

Where is the Bluetooth transmitter??

I use it only as an addtion to a shaker (the so called I-Beam) at my chair. I think with a few tweaks and maybe some EQing it will work fine and add the thump on the chest that you can't get with a shaker mounted to your seat alone.
As a standalone-solution I don't think it comes that close to a reall bass sensation.

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #26 of 45
Since I seem to have bricked my Realiser A16 I give you the following

WARNING:
Do not connect the Bassme directly to the Tactile out or any other pre out of the A16 (or other device) because It may damage the output.

It's just a precaution, I'm not sure about this. I'm in contact with Smyth Research and see what they say.

I'm not an electrical engineer but this is what I could guess:
The tactile out of the Realiser as a line level output expects a high impedance on the other side. If not, the currents get too high and damage the output. So if the input impedance of the Bassme is too low maybe that happened to my Realiser.

Dec 10, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #28 of 45
I received my BassMe on Saturday and the transmitter was included. It was hidden in the box's second layer under the covered section.

I had to lift out the second layer and look inside the covered section before I found the transmitter. It was in a clear plastic type bag.

If you have not lifted out the second layer you may not have found it.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #29 of 45
No, I can't find any BT transmitter at all. It is also not listed as content on the small leaflet/manual.
How big (or small) is this transmitter?

I read from others that they also got no transmitter. And as I said it's not listed anymore in the manual.

So if some got the transmitter and others didn't, that's unfair.

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #30 of 45
You are correct it is not in the manual for the BassMe.
There is a separate manual called "Wireless 2 in 1 Music Receiver and Transmitter User Guide". The manual is only in English so the transmitter may not be available in your country.
The actual unit is not exactly like the one on the KS Description page but about the same size. This unit has no manufacturers name or model number printed on it.
1: Multifunction Button (Power/Pairing)
2:Indicator Light
3:Aux in/out
4:Charge Micro USB
5:Transmitter/Receiver Switcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back