Basshead can recommendations? (Budget <$100)
Nov 20, 2017 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jstevanus

New Head-Fier
Currently, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202's, and they work great with no amp which is what I'm looking for. Now, I'm interested in getting some strong bass (with no amp). I wonder if the bluetooth headphones, that contain their own tiny amp, are better than the amp in my phone or laptop? I've come up with a list of my top picks below based on my research. Right now, I really like Sony MDRXB950AP/H, and especially how it looks. I much prefer the simplistic design. Please take a look at my list, and let me know what you think. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sony MDRXB950AP/H
Tascam TH-02
Audio Technica ATH WS770iS
Skullcandy Hesh 2
Superlux HD-681 EVO
JBL BassLine
MTX iX1
Monster N-Pulse
Kicker HP402MB Cush

Nov 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I think if you dig the sony's they are a fine choice of the heaphones listed they'd be the ones I would get I guess... however certainly in general but especially the dual cable entry would drive me up the wall.. I can't stand it..

I will give a outlier style suggestion.. I bought these JVC ESNSY HA-SR85S headphones right after xmas because I didn't get no xmas gift headphones =\ and I wanted something new.. these things have a fair bit of bass, if I'm honest they are not the most comfortable headphones having vice like pressure at first (i have large head I suppose... I'm 6'2") I stretched the headband out over the box for a few days and they are decent now.. I would probably figure about an hour or so and I'd be a bit over it.. but the bass... is quite there. good for the $65~ I paid for them (black ones are a bit more but they do have the brown color option for about that still.)

Shipping took awhile as these aren't (AFAIK) US models and mine came from a seller from Japan. (headphone made in China however).

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-HASR85SB...=UTF8&qid=1511209621&sr=1-1&keywords=HA-SR85S

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-ESNSY-He...UTF8&qid=1511209229&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+esnsy

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 4
I think if you dig the sony's they are a fine choice of the heaphones listed they'd be the ones I would get I guess... however certainly in general but especially the dual cable entry would drive me up the wall.. I can't stand it..

I will give a outlier style suggestion.. I bought these JVC ESNSY HA-SR85S headphones right after xmas because I didn't get no xmas gift headphones =\ and I wanted something new.. these things have a fair bit of bass, if I'm honest they are not the most comfortable headphones having vice like pressure at first (i have large head I suppose... I'm 6'2") I stretched the headband out over the box for a few days and they are decent now.. I would probably figure about an hour or so and I'd be a bit over it.. but the bass... is quite there. good for the $65~ I paid for them (black ones are a bit more but they do have the brown color option for about that still.)

Shipping took awhile as these aren't (AFAIK) US models and mine came from a seller from Japan. (headphone made in China however).

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-HASR85SB...=UTF8&qid=1511209621&sr=1-1&keywords=HA-SR85S

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-ESNSY-He...UTF8&qid=1511209229&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+esnsy

Thanks for that suggestion! The reviews definitely describe what I'm looking for - good bass, works well with just a phone, but I'm just worried about the fit. As you stated, as well as another reviewer, it's very tight (I have a big head so I'm sure it would be tight on me). This is something I'd like to wear in the office for hours, so comfort is a real factor. I also might want to take it to the gym, so that's where the low price comes in.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 4
i know they are a bit over budget but what about the ATH-M50X's they are quite comfortable.. for me I can wear mine for quite sometime .. black friday deals seem likely on these?? they have fair good bit of bass also..

or maybe just get the sony's a few of my basshead friends have owned / loved them so maybe job done for the money?

I tired the JVC's i mentioned before again and yeah they are kinda crap for comfort.. too tight for a large american sized head.. seems to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back