BASSHEAD AUDIOPHILES portable reviews: Victor HP-FX500, UE5EB, FS1, EX-85
Jul 24, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #46 of 61
how about hippo vb, have heard there good

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #47 of 61
seems to be great on bass, but i am afraid about the highs been sibilance. EQ may solve if it doesn’t have harmonic distortions (peaks along the frequency curve). And someone told to be on the dry side (and warm). Well, I can tell you the Ultra Hi-Fi experience is on the liquid, mellow and a bit  more on the cold side, just to be more smooth and comfortable to hear for a long time.  Well, have to buy to test! BUT… I recommend  first trying with great earbuds and  have a great IAUDIO player and play with your EQ!

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #48 of 61
actually I bet the atrio with the new m7 in a few months will be great

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #49 of 61
I honestly hate how new=better seems to be the standard on these forums, and very few ppl recommend older models of headphones. I for one after 2 months of reading the forums to find what i wanted ended up buying atrio v2 about a year and a half ago and never looked back .. i listen to every kind of music but more often listen to dubstep, drum n bass and electro house at work and couple hours a day listen to death metal. i think atrios are absolutely incredible for there price i cant imagine anything sounding much better without spending like 4x the money, but it seems that since atrios are "old" nobody ever really mentions them or suggests them to ppl.
I've already contacted FS about the new driver and if there will be an upgrade special when they are released and i was told to expect a promotional upgrade for a short time when they are released and i for one will definitely be jumping on that. ive tried half a dozen other good bass headphones but frankly for they all fell short in some aspect. Atrios are just plain an all around bass lovers dream with any music.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #50 of 61
nice curious to see what promotion they are going to do

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #52 of 61
but they already have that now. I thought he was saying when they come out with ver. 3 there is going to be a big promotion going on

Jul 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #53 of 61
i am a sucker for subbass last time, only monster MD and Atrio M5 is good enough for you i would say. try them

Jul 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #54 of 61

Quote:
YOU MUST EQ YOUR EARBUDS WITH IAUDIO (OR ANY OTHER DEVICE/SOFTWARE WITH GREAT NO DISTORTION EQ): IT IS ALL ABOUT INCREASE THE SUB-BASS FREQS (20-80 HZ), LOWERING DOW A LOT THE OTHERS (NEGATIVE VALUES) AND INCREASE HIGHS AND TOTAL VOLUME. NOT ALL PHONES CAN HANDLE IT, BUT GREAT EARBUDS WITH LARGE DRIVES CAN!!! YOU WILL GET THE REAL LIFE SOUND THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD KNOWS HOW TO ARCHIVE. WITH IAUDIO DAP, TAKE SOMETING LIKE THIS ON THE 5 BAND EQ: +12, +4, -6, -2, -1. OFF COURSE IT DEPENDS ON THE EARBUD YOU ARE LISTENING TO. YOU HAVE TO BE SENSITIVE AND TRUST AND TRY TO SHAPE THE SOUND TO HIGH-FIDELITY. IT IS AN ART. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u wan more subbass go for sony players. their clear bass boost more subbass than mach3bass. wan more subass from cowon? get a amp which add bass, lower 105hz narrow to -3 -4.

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #55 of 61
I just bought Audio Technica CKS70 from another member.And wow! I have to say i think they have more bass impact then my Atrios(which i have sent back,still on warranty because they fell apart).Very full,deep with great extension.But yes they are unbalanced because of the laid back highs.The Atrios are more balanced without losing that great bass.But i changed the tips to Sony's EX and with my Cowon S9 they sound excellent and a lot more balanced because of the great EQ. When WWWwWWWWWhenWhen i get my Atrios back i'm going to do an A-B.

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #56 of 61
I just bought Audio Technica CKS70 from another member.And wow! I have to say i think they have more bass impact then my Atrios(which i have sent back,still on warranty because they fell apart).Very full,deep with great extension.But yes they are unbalanced because of the laid back highs.The Atrios are more balanced without losing that great bass.But i changed the tips to Sony's EX and with my Cowon S9 they sound excellent and a lot more balanced because of the great EQ.When i get my Atrios back i'm going to do an A-B. 

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #57 of 61
Edited/deleted.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #60 of 61
When I had them, the FX500's had amazingly deep, taut bass. Just about the cleanest I've ever heard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back