BASS! Soundmagic e10 or Brainwavz R1? help plz ...
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DaylightDies

New Head-Fier
Hi there, i wonder if i purchase a Brainwavz R1 .. would i miss the bass i have from my Soundmagic E10?

I usually listen heavy stuff and i do not feel dissapointed. I love E10.  However lack of bass and soundstage are the sandman to me.

* Is there big  difference of bass and soundstage between E10 and R1? *  

Thank you so much for your help folks.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the R1 and have logged tons of hours with it. It has a fairly good soundstage, great by IEM standards within that budget. I enjoy the bass response. It is not a whole ton but to me it gets the job done. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 6
What other headphones have you tried prior to Soundmagic E10? I tested E10, and while they can drive bass to higher levels, the bass timbre is very odd compared to the Sennheiser CX300/EP-630, Sony MH1/MH1-C, JVC FX-101, and other (budget) headphones in my list. The bass has an airy and uncontrolled quality to it, which sounds like "PFDT". Also, by comparison, the E10 soundstage/separation/clarity is excellent amidst the intense bass. So it's weird for me to hear you say they lack in the bass and soundstage departments. Anyway, if I were in your position I would definitely try the Brainwavz R1 as well I mean anything other than E10. I haven't tried the R1 but I can't deny that the dual dynamic drivers property is enticing.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi PocketSmiley =) ... thanks for your response.  I do luv E10 due its great bass and soundstage, specially for the price.

What i fear is the lack of bass and soundstage if i go for another budget IEM, like Brainwavz R1.  So i really want to know if R1 has weak bass or soundstage.. compared to E10.

I hope anyone who owns both IEM can help me ....
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back