Bass no longer being produced through headphones
Sep 5, 2017 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JaredKFan

New Head-Fier
Hi all.

I'm hard of hearing and usually listen to music through headphones. I can only hear in my left ear so I have mono sound settings on where it's available.

My problem is since i got my hearing back a week ago monday, bass is no longer being produced through my headphones. I have two pairs of headphones - an older AmazonBasics on-ear set, and a newer Behringer HPS3000 Studio over-the-ear headphone set.

On either headphone set I can hear the music and vocals fine, but the headphones are simply not putting out bass - if there is any it's tinny. I listen to a lot of country and western music. On some songs there's a bit of buzz or unusual noise that isn't normal to the song.

I have a lot of cables and stuff in the room where i listen to music, and i often run over cables with my chair's casters. I've also sometimes gotten up from a seated position without remembering i have the cans on and that causes jerking, sometimes forcing the headphone jack to be removed.

I'm pretty certain at least one cable inside both cans is damaged. and because I have frequent problems with earwax in my ears, sometimes I have ended up playing music through them at max volume because I didn't realize the headphones sounded bad because my ears were not cleaned out.

Help would be appreciated. I have already contacted Behringer and they've asked me to send in the cans for exchange, but won't be able to do so until Friday.

Jared

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Bad connections such as a headphone jack not pushed all the way can indeed make the audio sound tinny and distant, so your damaged cable theory isn't impossible. It's a good place to start troubleshooting at least.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Hi all.

I'm hard of hearing and usually listen to music through headphones. I can only hear in my left ear so I have mono sound settings on where it's available.

My problem is since i got my hearing back a week ago monday
, bass is no longer being produced through my headphones. I have two pairs of headphones - an older AmazonBasics on-ear set, and a newer Behringer HPS3000 Studio over-the-ear headphone set.

On either headphone set I can hear the music and vocals fine, but the headphones are simply not putting out bass - if there is any it's tinny. I listen to a lot of country and western music. On some songs there's a bit of buzz or unusual noise that isn't normal to the song.

I have a lot of cables and stuff in the room where i listen to music, and i often run over cables with my chair's casters. I've also sometimes gotten up from a seated position without remembering i have the cans on and that causes jerking, sometimes forcing the headphone jack to be removed.

I'm pretty certain at least one cable inside both cans is damaged. and because I have frequent problems with earwax in my ears, sometimes I have ended up playing music through them at max volume because I didn't realize the headphones sounded bad because my ears were not cleaned out.

Help would be appreciated. I have already contacted Behringer and they've asked me to send in the cans for exchange, but won't be able to do so until Friday.

Jared

Or you could have low freq hearing loss already, ie, it's not always absolutely even across the entire frequency range, like how people lose high frequency hearing as they age (and probably why grandparents seem to act less stressed around babies than parents, or why old ladies traditionally have cats as companion animals on top of "I might slip taking the dog out for his doody time").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back