Bargain for life
Aug 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

acersales

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi! I am tired of my sony’s V6 and I am looking for a big jump without needing to buy and AMP and without spending more than $80… doe it exist? Thanks!! :wink:[/size]

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 8
This depends on what you hear. Koss Porta Pro (BASS, BASS, BASS!), Grado SR-60 (ROOOOOOCK!) and Sennheiser PX 100 (kinda universally usable) come to mind... Good classics amongst the low-priced phones out there. Oh, and please don't quote me on these descriptions! :p

EDIT: Oh, wait, these aren't full-sized. Sorry, forget my post. But you still might like one of these.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Did I hear Bose?

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #7 of 8
There is no patent remedy to determine how good particular headphones are. As you surely know tastes do differ, and because of this nobody is able to tell you which headphones actually are better. Just try various cans in your price range and get yourself the pair you like the most.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 8
A big step up from the V6? Probably not. The V6's are known to be a pretty decent-sounding phone considering their price point. There are plenty of good headphones under $80 that would give you a different flavor of sound, but I am not aware of any that are dramatically superior to the V6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back