Bang & Olufsen
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #31 of 46
My father bought the A8 to use on his frequent flights.. I think the overall product is a justification of the price - good sound, the design is top notch, not to mention the outstanding build quality..

B&O aside.. there are a lot of headphones that I think are priced premiumly for their looks, namely woodied headphones.. I heard the W5000 the other day and I must say, at that price, its sound quality is not a justification of the price.. I like my W1000 better anyways
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #32 of 46
I disagree with most of the above, having actually listened to and now owned a Beosound 6. Believe me, I was prejudiced too, and $600 is a lot of money, but if it sounds great (and it does), then all other arguments are irrelevant. I actually hate the shiny shininess of the thing, I listened, I bought.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexnasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with most of the above, having actually listened to and now owned a Beosound 6. Believe me, I was prejudiced too, and $600 is a lot of money, but if it sounds great (and it does), then all other arguments are irrelevant. I actually hate the shiny shininess of the thing, I listened, I bought.

600 is wonderful price, I got for 700. that 's the price out of conus

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #36 of 46
Pay a little more and get the Sonus Faber Toys - they are bigger but still small - but the sound is fantastic!!!

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by onvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My father bought the A8 to use on his frequent flights..

Ouch!
biggrin.gif

I own Beolab 6000 speakers and 3200 beosound. They still sounds great. B&O used to be my dream audio during my highschool years. I guess it was the first audio that got me eargasm. The designs, sounds, luxurious feeling sold me. (I was too yong back then
regular_smile .gif
)
And the best thing about it is the remote controller! The most solid remote control I ever encountered
tongue.gif

Lastly, girls dig it. It's sexy!
icon10.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #39 of 46
I have the Beolab4PC speakers, they sound good and look great.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #41 of 46

Quote:
Dr. Bose, Dr. Dre, Dr. Bang and Dr. Olufsen play in the same game.

You couldn't be more wrong, my father worked for B&O as well one of his old friends, and i have seen and heard a lot of what they've made. They are an international design icon, and develop some quite amazing products. Being the design icon they are, you obviously pay for that, but also some amazing products. Where bose is just about NC and Dr. Dre is just about earning money on some ****ty built products, B&O actually build some of the highest quality products out there - there's a reason people are willing to pay such high prices. Headphones have never been their main concern, its a cheap accessory for their BeoSound 5 and their TV's for when you don't want to use your speakes, so its sort of their "iBuds", here in Denmark the BeoSound 5 costs easily 4000$ and that is the type of prices you see, and you get what you would expect for that - If i had the money i would buy their products - but i don't. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #42 of 46
I just listened to the beosound 8 in a B&O store (their sales people are very friendly btw, you can listen to everything you want they actually enjoy demonstrating their products) and imo compared to the other iPod docks in the market its priced very well! The thing doesnt sound like an ipod dock, it sounds so open and spacious its almost like you're listening to a proper 2.1 system. Comparing it to the B&W zeppelin air there's no comparison, the B&O sounds miles better and looks better too, you guys have to audition their products some time. B&O speakers have high quality amplifiers built-in which is a huge selling point to people who appreciate good sound but dont want to deal with the hassle of amplifiers and cables etc. They look pretty sexy too lol

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #43 of 46
Put me down as a happy A8 owner. Don't have them any more (lost) but they were great.

Fortunate enough to have the full setup at my parents house including the Lab 5s. For your own audio enjoyment I would urge anyone to go down and give them a listen :)

I have personally invested in Monitor Audio/Arcam products now (good price/perform ratio fo me).

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #44 of 46

Quote:
Put me down as a happy A8 owner. Don't have them any more (lost) but they were great.

Fortunate enough to have the full setup at my parents house including the Lab 5s. For your own audio enjoyment I would urge anyone to go down and give them a listen :)

I have personally invested in Monitor Audio/Arcam products now (good price/perform ratio fo me).

eek.gif
Lucky person! :p

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #45 of 46
Sorry to resurrect this but I've been thinking about B&O tonight because it's come to mind as I post in other threads.  To say the least, I agree they're a designer object and over-priced.  That being said they do sound very good.  I love the system in my Audi A4, only a $850 option and definitely worth it.  However, as far as the A8 (earbuds not the car), my friend has a pair and they are extremely lack-luster.  I can't convince him that B&O is NOT the best audio company known to man, despite the fact that my on the go phones cx250 Senns sound better / are more comfortable / and have never broken once.  He babies his A8s like his first born son and yet they've broken 3 times now on him in the past year.  Also I'm surprised they haven't come out with headphones to compete with the B&W p5... just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back