Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #256 of 374
Thanks for the feedback.
That's a bummer. One would expect a 500€ HP to have decent call quality as well. 
triportsad.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #257 of 374
Hi all!
I just buy this headphone, and by the way the question of quality call I can say that we have is much difference beetwen used IOS and Android.
With my iPhone 5s che quality call is very bad, orrible!
With my Samsung S4 mini the quality call is much better... not very clear but much better.

You can also check you?
It is possible that the problem is the BT of the iphone? 

Thanks
Luca

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #258 of 374
I was just at IFA and talked to one of the B&O guys there about the horrible call quality over Bluetooth. He said he hasn't heard of this issue before and recommended me to contact customer service. The call quality of the demo unit over there seemed to work fine with my iPhone 6. (Previous units I tried did not)

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #259 of 374
I have ios9 installed on my iPhone 6 and the bluetooth dropouts have become more pronounced.  Also, like others, I rarely use the H8s for phone calls.  While I love the styling and the sound (wired/bluetooth) when they are working, I wish I could return these.  They were not worth the investment, especially if B&O is playing coy about the deficiencies and not doing anything constructive to address them.

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #260 of 374
BeoPlay said constant dropouts are not normal and should be returned, im gonna try returning mine.. they've done some funky things when on a plane, one time they had this extremely loud pop and just turned off. Another time when the plane was taking off the noise canceling couldn't keep up so the normal light hiss became this horrible loud screeching and had to tear them off my ears.

While I completely agree its ridiculous that B&O released this with it having across the board issues, Sennheiser did the same thing with their Momentum Wireless, those things had the same drop out issues - I returned them as I preferred the comfort/style of the BeoPlay. Hopefully they figure out how to fix these issues, but from everything I've read its the bluetooth hardware in these headphones, BT4.2 is supposed to solve all these issues but thats hardware not software so these are what they are..

Also - in terms of call quality, using them as a microphone.. horrible, everyone I've had on a bluetooth call via my iPhone 6 has been extremely unhappy with the audio quality coming from my end. I can hear them fine, but they can barely hear me especially if its in a noisy area like a street or airport.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #261 of 374
  they've done some funky things when on a plane, one time they had this extremely loud pop and just turned off. Another time when the plane was taking off the noise canceling couldn't keep up so the normal light hiss became this horrible loud screeching and had to tear them off my ears.

I've used these pretty much exclusively on planes since they came out and have had none of these problems. Yours sound defective.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #262 of 374
B&O would never offer a firmware update program for the H8. So don't wait for that to happen. So the best thing you can do would be to return them and keep complaining about the dropouts. They might update the software in the production and you could get a better one in exchange. But as far as I know the stores are not able to flash the H8 software and they will have to give you a new sample and return the old one to the factory. But as long as it's under the three year guarantee you won't suffer any loss.

"B&O would never offer a firmware update program for the H8. So don't wait for that to happen" 

I'm not saying you're lying about your previous job but why on earth would they not just add it to their already existing software updater for the beolit 15 and the A2, it's obvious to anyone that has ever worked in a company like this that all their new products are software-updateable on the user end, you don't even need to go to the retailer. even the start page for the updater is begging for a third icon to feel balanced https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ifcnwkyj4nwwzh/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-23%20at%2011.24.41%20PM.png?dl=0

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #263 of 374

"B&O would never offer a firmware update program for the H8. So don't wait for that to happen" 

I'm not saying you're lying about your previous job but why on earth would they not just add it to their already existing software updater for the beolit 15 and the A2, it's obvious to anyone that has ever worked in a company like this that all their new products are software-updateable on the user end, you don't even need to go to the retailer. even the start page for the updater is begging for a third icon to feel balanced https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ifcnwkyj4nwwzh/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-23%20at%2011.24.41%20PM.png?dl=0

You are right. By the time I wrote that, there had never been a tool for the user to update their own products before. Now with the Software updater tool for the BeoPlay products that has changed. I certainly hope they will let the user update their own products with a simple tool like the update tool. It only makes sense and distributing software to the users is simple via the internet. So it seems like they are finally learning that :)

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #264 of 374
Hi all!

Is there any solution for the drop-out problem of the Beoplay H8 so far? Was anyone successful by replacing the H8 by the customer support? I bought mine 1 week ago. Love the sound quality and the comfort, but I have the drop-outs with my MacBook 12" (early 2015) and many disconnects. With my iPhone 6 Plus the H8 work quite well. Drop-outs are seldom.

UPDATE:
I contacted BeoCare and they gave me the following answer (I translated it from German into English):

"Dear XXX

the BeoPlay H8 is optimized for the use with iPhone and iPad. Although both are working with Bluetooth 4.0 Apple uses different transfer protocols (I do not know why). This is why drop outs occur very easily with the MacBook. The colleagues of the development department are working on it, but it must be prevented that an incompatibility with the mainly used products occurs.
Finally please allow me to give you the hint that the BeoPlay H8 could be used with a cable at the MacBook, too. Because it is a Bluetooth headphone sometimes I am forgetting this alternative possibility myself.

With kind regards,

XXX
BeoCare"

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #265 of 374
http://www.beoplay.com/support/product-support/support-beoplay-h8

There is now a software updater on the support site . Says you need to plug in the usb cable so assume it updates the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back