Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Feb 5, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #62 of 374
Just got these.

A few of points:

- They fit really tight and hurt my ears, gonna need to stretch them a bit. (They will loosen up hopefully)
- There is a small amount of white noise even with Active noise cancelling OFF while using bluetooth. Using an iphone 5. With cable, there is zero white noise. H6 cable works with it. 
- ANC has the normal amount of expected white noise. 
- Bass is really nice, great for electronic music. 
- Sounds way better than my H6.
- Touch control is kinda flimsy, I haven't got the complete hang of it yet. 

edit: bluetooth keeps cutting in and out (small skips), it's really annoying. Using an iphone 5.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 374
Myst4ry you are explain it correct. It's white noise!
But just a bit, with Music it is ok for my taste.

Definitive not Audiophile sound, just nice music.
My Grados 325i i cannot enjoy, too analytic sound!
The H6 is good for Rock, The Grados for Classic,
For Electronic i Love The new H8.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #65 of 374
For anyone interested, I get a 10% discount on all beoplay products and will gladly order something on your behalf if we split the discount. so you get 5% off and I make 5%.

Relating to the H8, mine are ordered, but seems they have been delayed and have yet to ship.

Feb 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #66 of 374
I've actually been using the H8 as a bluetooth headset with my cel phone at home and here in a hotel room where I've taken and made a bunch of calls with it. The mic quality is apparently pretty good. The only weird part (IMO, of course) is that NC is on so everything else around you fades away a bit. In a crowded area (tried to take a call at the airport last night), it wasn't as effective as I was talking lower as to not disturb anyone around me.

Turning off NC gives a much more pleasant calling experience.

BTW, not sure why people are having BT issues. With both of the devices I've tried it with (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and the NW-ZX1), it's been rock solid. Ironic it seems it's iDevices it's having an issue with as that's arguably B&O's target market.

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #67 of 374
Would stretching the headphones be ok? Is there a particular technique to use? 

They are quite tight at the moment and hurt my ears (I wear glasses) when worn over 30mins. 

BT cuts in and out with my iphone 5, but works fine with my ipad. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #68 of 374
I've been dying to get people's take on the H8 vs Momentum Wireless (2.0, obviously...since the wireless just came out). Can you comment on your experience? What I really wanted from B&O was a wireless ANC H6 (in other words, an over-ear headphone). I was bummed when I heard it was on-ear...

I walked into a store to try them all out, and I did love the H8. Bluetooth quality is still disappointing these days. They weren't nearly as loud and punchy -- and that's completely separate from the lack of quality just because of the compression (was playing from my iPhone 6....so AAC, but no APT-X). The cable is still the way to go if possible. Wasn't able to test with my Retina MacBook Pro that should support APT-X).

The fit and comfort seemed great, however. And despite the quirkiness and lack of excellent responsiveness on the touch controls (though it's still "good"), the headphone is still a beauty and just comfortable to use overall.

In any case, can you comment on the Sennheiser vs these H8s? I have the Grado GS1000 that I absolutely LOVE for home use. But I need something that I can take with me on the go and/or that I can just use in bed when I'm doing something that doesn't require the bulk and fidelity of the Grados.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #70 of 374
Question for Apple users, are we supposed to convert our mp3 files to AAC for better playback? 

The cut outs are a massive disappointment. 

Music that Is already in a compressed format will not have much of a difference in terms of sound quality, like being ripped from a cd it would be wise because of it being uncompressed audio.

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #73 of 374
Better is relative. When I had the Momentum, I didn't really enjoy it. And it's always going to be source dependent. I think the H8 is great. Have used it on two trips now. Third coming up.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #74 of 374
Ok because I do not really enjoy the Momentum, it's good but nothing special or new. I have a Sony Bluetooth intra SBH80, sound is so great, thanks to AptX, love it !, I want that B&O H8 but the price is so different =)

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #75 of 374
Auditioned:
Forward bass, not heavy but very prominent. Have never heard music presented this way before. It took a while to adapt to the sound. Might be nice, in the long run? Don't know if it is HiFi, really. Would guess it is towards the Beat ideal.
Noice canceling is working, couldn't hear the salesman.
Treble is analog sounding, not CD like at all.

Anyone else listened to the H8?
Any questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back